• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

throwing up

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Nova just lost a claw to the parrotlet an hour or 2 ago. And she is now throwing up seeds, getting them back up in her beak and shaking her head to throw them around...
Why would she do that??

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Shock!

1. Don't panic.
2. Darken her cage a bit.
3. Make sure she can't see the p'let.

Watch this space., I see help has already been summoned.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Thank for your answer Ripshod, that's what I was thinking too, but it seemed to me it was a long time after the attack. The p'let has been in detention in the kitchen for the evening and Nova is behaving normally, has been playing and eating, now she is sleeping. I'll have an eye on her tomorrow again but I'm sure she'll be fine

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I'm sure she'll be fine. If she's eaten that would suggest to me that it is shock. I don't know your normal routine but make sure there's a little light getting to her cage tonight in case she gets the frights.
You've not mentioned any bleeding so it seems to have just come away from the cuticle rather than a full-on bite to the toe.
She'll remember this little mishap, and won't let it happen again.

mutlus

Meeting neighbors
i guess you shouldnt let them play alone from now on:confused:i think it just got stressed.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
You've not mentioned any bleeding so it seems to have just come away from the cuticle rather than a full-on bite to the toe.
She'll remember this little mishap, and won't let it happen again.
The end of her finger is bloody and her belly feathers are soiled but it has not been dripping or anything so it should be fine by tomorrow if she doesn't chew on the scrab.
She has already been bitten by the p'let shortly after she arrived here, but she didn't learn. She wants to be friend with him, looks like she likes bad guys :facepalm:

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
The end of her finger is bloody and her belly feathers are soiled but it has not been dripping or anything so it should be fine by tomorrow if she doesn't chew on the scrab.
She has already been bitten by the p'let shortly after she arrived here, but she didn't learn. She wants to be friend with him, looks like she likes bad guys :facepalm:
If she's smitten you'll have a job on your hands. Then again, at least she's not trying to get to him to kill him.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
If she's smitten you'll have a job on your hands.
She is still a baby, hopefully she'll come to her sense when she grows up :meh: and realise Merlin is a much nicer guy, and a budgie like herself...

Then again, at least she's not trying to get to him to kill him.
why would she do that? :wideyed: Never heard of killer-budgies!! :dead:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am not understanding what is going on other than your bird is vomiting seed. Is that correct? When was this birds last vet check up?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am not understanding what is going on other than your bird is vomiting seed. Is that correct? When was this birds last vet check up?

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
she seems fine now, so she was probably in shock after being attacked and wounded by the p'let. I'll keep an eye on her tomorrow to be sure she has recovered

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
How bad is the wound?

Also, if the parrotlet keeps going after her, it's probably best to keep them separate. Next time it could be more serious.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
How bad is the wound?

Also, if the parrotlet keeps going after her, it's probably best to keep them separate. Next time it could be more serious.
she is still favoring her foot but the wound looks nice.
She hasn't learnt a thing though, the parrotlet flew to their cage (they were locked inside) and the first thing she did was to walk toward him and try to say hello with her beak, so climb on the net... Just perfect to be bitten again!! So yes, the parrotlet will only come to the living room with me when the budgies are locked in and he won't be allowed near this cage again...

But this isn't convenient at all. The budgies' cage is in the living room, the p'let in the kitchen.

The p'let likes my other budgie (Merlin) much better than Nova, but that won't go since the budgies want to be together, and Twitter isn't really a good friend to Merlin either (which is why I got Nova in the first place, so Merlin would have a nice and safe friend instead of him). They enjoy each other's company but it isn't 100% safe for Merlin so I guess he will have to forget about him.

The budgies like to fly free and they use the living room 95% of the time, then they go inside again and that's fine. The p'let likes to fly free but the kitchen isn't really big, and he is tame/on his own so he craves some time with us, therefore he has to be able to come to the living room with me. If I leave him alone in the kitchen for the whole day he is frustrated, wants to be with me as soon as I come in, and he is more aggressive. I'm in the kitchen only to cook and wash the dishes.

We will probably move soon so I'll have to think of something in our new place. This isn't ideal at all.. I think I'll have to post that on the P'let Place..

Last edited: