• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Three Very Handsome Parakeets in Raleigh NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxxie

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Whitney
*Ok I have had these little cuties posted up locally and once people hear the rehome fee ($40), they are no longer interested. What's wrong with people?! They are wonderful little guys and I will keep them here for as long as it takes.*

These little guys were left at a local pet store. Of course this happened right before I walked in to buy some pellets and toys, the lady who owns the store knew I couldn't say no...LOL. So I took them home and got them eating fresh fruits, veggies and pellets. They still eat a seed diet but are given pellets and fresh food everyday. They are somewhat picky in the way their fruits and veggies are prepared. They may nibble a bit with whole foods, but they seem to prefer everything be blended just a bit (like a chunky smoothie).

They have been vet checked and got clean bills of heath! The biggest guy had no problems letting the vet know that he was NOT happy to meet him...hahaha

This little guys are very curious about people but still a bit shy. Once you get hold of them you can sit and give them scratches all day! The little green guy is a lot more brave then his brothers. These boys are fully flighted and love to get out and to fly and explore everyday!

The pictures are horrible. They thought my camera was a big black dragon that was sure to eat them....LOL. Also... Their cage looks naked only because they were in the "that weird lady is cleaning our cage" cage... :lol:

They are in a huge flight cage right now, but that cage must stay here for future fosters. They will come with a small cage (24" x 17" x 17") and some supplies (water silo, swing, cuttlebone and holder, some toys, food bowl). They will also come with some seed, millet, and pellets (they eat the Roudybush crumbles). They will also come with their wooden play area that sits right on top of a flat cage.

I will gladly waive the rehome fee for an AA home!

Please don't mind my plastic cover chairs. I recently bought them and these little guys have their fly time in my dining room, so I must protect the chairs from tiny poops!

DSC_0001.JPG DSC_0003.JPG DSC_0012.JPG DSC_0007.JPG DSC_0009.JPG DSC_0001.JPG

Last edited:

RJ Noodle

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Zetra
They are gorgeous! Hey, @vmashley03 are you coming to North FL anytime soon to deliver these babies to me :p

Whitney, they are really pretty and look very healthy. Thanks for rescuing them :hug8:

Do the blue Ceres mean they are all boys?

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
What a beautiful ready-made flock! :heart:

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Awwww! I love them :0

solo

Real Name
jess
if i didnt live sooooooooo far i would love them :hug8:

ScPhotoMom

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Crystal
I would love to take them but with two, "Are we there yet???" children, I don't think the 2 1/2 hours there and 2 1/2 hours back would be fun

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
I would love to take them but with two, "Are we there yet???" children, I don't think the 2 1/2 hours there and 2 1/2 hours back would be fun
Do you live in SC by chance? I go to Fayetteville frequently to visit my parents and they could hitchhike a ride with me there...idk just an idea

keikoasmom

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda
Oh, they are beautiful. I adore budgies. With 3 cats, though, I am fearful of trying budgies again.
I actually think it was one of the parrots who killed our last budgie, I guess my parrots are just
not nice birds.

Best of luck, I am too far, anyway, I guess. They are absolutely gorgeous, and if I were closer and
could figure out the other problems, I would love to pay the rehoming fee.
I don't know what is wrong with people. I sell on Ebay, and lately it seems everyone
wants something for nothing.

SoHoTo, you need to teach the kids the car games! We used to drive to Lake McConoughy several times a year
for camping when our kids were young, and they got used to it. 4 hours. Now my daughter has in-car movies. What a wuss! :laugh: :laugh:

We had to do it the hard way! :roflmao:

ScPhotoMom

Real Name
Crystal
Do you live in SC by chance? I go to Fayetteville frequently to visit my parents and they could hitchhike a ride with me there...idk just an idea
I do live in SC but in the upstate area, just below Greenville. I'm not sure where Fayetteville is

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
I do live in SC but in the upstate area, just below Greenville. I'm not sure where Fayetteville is
It's about an hour/hour and fifteen minutes south from the Raleigh/Cary area. I thought if you lived in like Florence or something that it would make it easier for you to get the budgies if you seriously wanted them.

ScPhotoMom

Real Name
Crystal
It's about an hour/hour and fifteen minutes south from the Raleigh/Cary area. I thought if you lived in like Florence or something that it would make it easier for you to get the budgies if you seriously wanted them.
Ahh yes. Thats still about the same distance, maybe a bit further. I hate that. Really would love to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.