• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Three Peas for Four Parrots

Fuzzy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Thanks, guys! :heart:

:shocked3::shocked2:WOW looks soooooo yummy ! where did you buy your sprouting system ? amazon prehaps ?
Thanks, Brice - yes, this is very similar to mine: Decocraft THREE LEVELS SEED SPROUTER GERMINATOR FOR BEANS & SEEDS/Healthy, Organic Sprouts: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

:wow: I love those peas!!! AeroGarden?

My lettuces are growing nicely, BTW.
Close, Rick! They are from the Click and Grow garden. Glad your lettuces are doing well!

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Thanks, guys! :heart:

Close, Rick! They are from the Click and Grow garden. Glad your lettuces are doing well!
Maybe I should ask, Hydroponically, from now on. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tomorrow will be 28 days for one garden and 14 days for the other. I'll update tomorrow. :)

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
thank you ! i think i can order that one for the same price range ^^ looks so easy ! i do sprout seeds but it's more annoying because i use a jar and damp/humid cotton, not exactly the same thing

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Maybe I should ask, Hydroponically, from now on. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tomorrow will be 28 days for one garden and 14 days for the other. I'll update tomorrow. :)
:rofl: I dunno if Click and Grow is hydroponically? They seem to be growing in a medium but there is a tank of water they are sitting in. I think the AeroGarden is more true to being hydroponic? :hehe:

I think we are very close in when we started our gardens... I think almost to the day! Looking forward to your update!

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
thank you ! i think i can order that one for the same price range ^^ looks so easy ! i do sprout seeds but it's more annoying because i use a jar and damp/humid cotton, not exactly the same thing
I didn't have room for lots of draining jars, although that's how I started some years ago now. :)

The tiers take up much less room (I have put two sets of tiers together), but I do empty the contents of each tier into a big sieve and rinse them well under a running tap, finish off with some filtered water, then return them to their tier. I found very quickly that just filling the top tier with water and letting it run down through each level (as you are meant to) was not rinsing them enough. I was worried about bacteria.

So I really just use the tiers as holding vessels and rinse the contents twice a day in a sieve.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I didn't have room for lots of draining jars, although that's how I started some years ago now. :)

The tiers take up much less room (I have put two sets of tiers together), but I do empty the contents of each tier into a big sieve and rinse them well under a running tap, finish off with some filtered water, then return them to their tier. I found very quickly that just filling the top tier with water and letting it run down through each level (as you are meant to) was not rinsing them enough. I was worried about bacteria.

So I really just use the tiers as holding vessels and rinse the contents twice a day in a sieve.

Do you sprout fresh daily?

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Do you sprout fresh daily?
Yes, I have two lots soaking, two lots growing and two lots ready to eat. When I say two lots - I sprout the chickpeas (garbanzos), aduki and peas separately so that I can pick out any that haven't sprouted. The birds get sprouts morning and evening so I get through quite a lot.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Yes, I have two lots soaking, two lots growing and two lots ready to eat. When I say two lots - I sprout the chickpeas (garbanzos), aduki and peas separately so that I can pick out any that haven't sprouted. The birds get sprouts morning and evening so I get through quite a lot.
awesome! thanks Roz!