• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Thoughts?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
We're all human :) A sloppy website wouldn't specifically make me swear off a business!

I have used some food powders before. In particular, I use a small amount of this daily for Ripley, and seems very similar to the Anti Inflammatory one you posted:

This one I haven't used but she also carries it:

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I would love to try fresh tumeric, but I haven't found it yet . Thanks fir the tip ;) !
Do your birds enjoy it?
I don't know that they enjoy it as I grate it onto/into foods that it can coat, so they get some whether they want it or not. I feed like greens: I try to make sure it gets into their beaks "accidentally" as it's beneficial. Sadly, you'll never see my birds munching on a piece of Swiss chard with blissful expressions. I've got to be creative to get necessities into their systems.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I buy an organically sourced (hope they don't cut corners!) spirulina but don't feed it daily. My guys probably get it sprinkled on food a few times a month. It struck me as one of those fad foods that come along periodically. I think it can be beneficial, but we don't really know. I offer them the kitchen sink and hope/pray they get close to what they need. That's the best I can do. It's worked with Morgan for 29 years, thank goodness. My vet says she's the healthiest Amazon in his practice, based on weight, muscle tone, feather quality, and test results. I'm not saying that to encourage y'all to add spirulina to your birds' diets. It seems to work for my flock.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I buy an organically sourced (hope they don't cut corners!) spirulina but don't feed it daily. My guys probably get it sprinkled on food a few times a month. It struck me as one of those fad foods that come along periodically. I think it can be beneficial, but we don't really know. I offer them the kitchen sink and hope/pray they get close to what they need. That's the best I can do. It's worked with Morgan for 29 years, thank goodness. My vet says she's the healthiest Amazon in his practice, based on weight, muscle tone, feather quality, and test results. I'm not saying that to encourage y'all to add spirulina to your birds' diets. It seems to work for my flock.
That's great thanks for sharing! I pretty much through the kitchen sink at my flock as well!
By their feathers luster something is working;)