• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Thought I'd give an update...

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Fuzzgig is doing well! He's been eating (with some help from me), he's not as fluid-y, and he's been more active! I've been pampering him too, I got him a foam mat to go underneath the moss so his feet and belly don't get irritated by the plastic mesh, as well as some new plastic plants. He's finished his antibiotic treatment, now just getting the calcium and the UVB light.

We see the vet again on the 24th!

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I am glad Fuzzgig is doing better!:heart:

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I fed him the day before yesterday, and he actually ate on his own! It's the first time since before thanksgiving that he has done that!!! He ate two worms, I offered a 3rd but he was more interested in staring at me. We see the vet tomorrow at 9:30!

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
:yah: That is great! I hope he Will be back to himself soon:heart: Sending good thoughts!

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Fuzzgig went to the vet today! The vet said he's doing well, we're continuing the calcium for 2 more weeks, and if he relapses (stops eating again) he'll go back on the antibiotic. So it looks like we'll be good to go!

Oh, and as we were leaving, the frog decided to poop! Which is good! What is not good however, is that since we weren't at home, I couldn't clean it up right away. So he put his hands in the poop. And then he decided to try and climb the walls and smear it everywhere! And then go back to the poop!

I had to clean his hands as he tried to squirm away from me, and his container is currently covered in baking soda to absorb the poop smears and pick up the smell. If you've never had to smell frog poop, consider yourself lucky.

Smbrds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Shawn
I'm glad Fuzzgig is doing better and soon back to being himself. Well wishes.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
So he put his hands in the poop. And then he decided to try and climb the walls and smear it everywhere! And then go back to the poop
Fuzzgig! Bad child!:embarassed:

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
Fuzzgig went to the vet today! The vet said he's doing well, we're continuing the calcium for 2 more weeks, and if he relapses (stops eating again) he'll go back on the antibiotic. So it looks like we'll be good to go!

Oh, and as we were leaving, the frog decided to poop! Which is good! What is not good however, is that since we weren't at home, I couldn't clean it up right away. So he put his hands in the poop. And then he decided to try and climb the walls and smear it everywhere! And then go back to the poop!

I had to clean his hands as he tried to squirm away from me, and his container is currently covered in baking soda to absorb the poop smears and pick up the smell. If you've never had to smell frog poop, consider yourself lucky.
I can imagine, Iguana poop stinks to high heaven!

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
So glad that your little one is doing better.