• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

This is possibly a dumb question.

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh yes! Now that Im thinking back I believe that's the accent Martin Freeman used in his newer show The Responder I recall the behind the scenes package say how he was using a scouse accent and that its really hard to properly mimic that accent accurately. I did have a little bit of a hard time understanding him at some parts.
Thats right he did i havent watched it have seen bits he done ok to be fair.

Worst scouse accent in film or Tv Robert Carlysle in 51st state and Cracker double bubble Bob.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thats right he did i havent watched it have seen bits he done ok to be fair.

Worst scouse accent in film or Tv Robert Carlysle in 51st state and Cracker double bubble Bob.
That's so nice to hear,I'm a big fan of Martin so that's lovely that he tried so hard and did so well with the accent.
Oh this just popped into my head isn't John Bishop from Liverpool? Or am I confusing him with another area(assuming you know whom he is and where his accent is from) I know he's fairly well known in the UK yes? I'd seen him on the Graham Norton show and after he joined Doctor Who semi recently.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It’s a very cool city, I’ve been lucky enough to visit!

I mean, other than their football team…. :sneaky:
The Red men of LFC not having there best season this year.

It is a cool city and i love it but take it for granted no doubt about that.
We had freinds us one time and wanted to go out and see Liverpool, we took them to the Cavern club they where amazed they where in the Cavern where the Beatles started its just a bar in town for me.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's so nice to hear,I'm a big fan of Martin so that's lovely that he tried so hard and did so well with the accent.
Oh this just popped into my head isn't John Bishop from Liverpool? Or am I confusing him with another area(assuming you know whom he is and where his accent is from) I know he's fairly well known in the UK yes? I'd seen him on the Graham Norton show and after he joined Doctor Who semi recently.
He is from Kirby its just outside Liverpool quite a difference in accent though Kirby is about 5 miles ftom my house.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He is from Kirby its just outside Liverpool quite a difference in accent though Kirby is about 5 miles ftom my house.
Ah! How exciting that I was semi correct though. I truly couldn't tell you why his voice just kinda popped into my head as I was on this thread but clearly my brain wanted me to ask lol.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just realized you must be up pretty late eh @Wardy it's about 12:30 am your time right?

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ah! How exciting that I was semi correct though. I truly couldn't tell you why his voice just kinda popped into my head as I was on this thread but clearly my brain wanted me to ask lol.
John used to be a pharamacutical salesman hated his job and decided he wanted to becone a comedian, very funny man didnt know he done dr who though.

Dr who died for me when Tom Bavker jibbed it but i did watch Christopher Eclestone sadly he only done the one series.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
John used to be a pharamacutical salesman hated his job and decided he wanted to becone a comedian, very funny man didnt know he done dr who though.

Dr who died for me when Tom Bavker jibbed it but i did watch Christopher Eclestone sadly he only done the one series.
Oh I had no idea how interesting that his life took the turn it did.
Oh yes I love Chris's series he's fairly unrated as the shortest lived full series New Who doctor with only one series but as true fans say Don't skip 9! Chris and David Tennant are my favorite doctors(but David is my absolute favorite and "my doctor" as they say) followed by Matt Smith,then Jodie Whittaker and Peter Capaldi.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aah yes I have this issue as well time to time. Last night in fact I was up til almost midnight when normally I try to sleep between 8 30 and 9 15.
3.45 for me last night up for work at 7 bell

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
3.45 for me last night up for work at 7 bell
Yikes that's rough! My work alarm is 5 :20 am so I feel you on those early days.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yikes that's rough! My work alarm is 5 :20 am so I feel you on those early days.
5.20 total nightmare worked shifts for 24 years and the early starts where the hardest.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
5.20 total nightmare worked shifts for 24 years and the early starts where the hardest.
I actually don't mind it that much I've been at this job almost 16 years so I'm long used to it. I'd rather have an early start to the day to get the most out of it and get home early. A lot of my coworkers love their 12 to 7 shifts so they can sleep in but I'd much rather be up with the sun and home before dark with my pets to be with them before bed.

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
We have family we can’t understand and they can’t understand us yet we all speak English :roflmao: The family members still living in Scotland are the hardest to understand but I do love hearing Scottish people speak
My hubby still has problems understanding my mom, and she left Scotland in 1969.
He picks up the Canadian and American accent with me but not the Scottish. It must be a British thing because the Americans and Canadians pick up my scottish accent.
Go figure.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My hubby still has problems understanding my mom, and she left Scotland in 1969.
He picks up the Canadian and American accent with me but not the Scottish. It must be a British thing because the Americans and Canadians pick up my scottish accent.
Go figure.
Confused here

He can understand your Canadian and US accemt but cant grasp your Scotish ?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Go figure.
It is funny what some people hear in accents- my adult children and myself are frequently asked by residents of the country we all were born and grew up in how long we have been here, for some odd reason many people think we sound like we moved here from England sometime very recently lol

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It is funny what some people hear in accents- my adult children and myself are frequently asked by residents of the country we all were born and grew up in how long we have been here, for some odd reason many people think we sound like we moved here from England sometime very recently lol
I had something similar! I was born and raised in Michigan and yet from a young age until my adulthood so many people from Michigan thought I grew up on the east coast because they swore I sounded pure east coast I still to this day don't understand that period of my life lol.

Last edited:

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Working in a call center really helped me with accents - I’m lucky now in that I have a fairly easy time with most of them. The only one that gives me a lot of trouble is, I think, a specific mix: Elderly southern hillbilly, with missing teeth. It sounds like they’re making up words with a mouthful of marbles and hooch.