• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

This is Emmie

JBPutrino

Moving in
20130518_181613.jpg This is Emmie - my baby IRN - she will be four months old on Saturday :dance4:. I am crazy go nuts over her - she's my first bird ever and a little Velcro baby to me. She did the cutest thing this morning..... I woke her up early as usual (I leave for work when it's still dark) so I open her cage and give her a few minutes to wake up and decide if she wants to come out. So she climbs out and onto the open door. Then, to my delight and surprise - as she's sitting there, she looks at me and lifts up her foot waiting for my finger! :omg: As if she was saying, Ok, Mom - I want my kisses now. I was stunned for a moment and then picked her up for her morning scritches and kisses. :heart: So tonight when I got home, I thought I'd see if she'd do it again. She climbed out onto the door and I waited for a minute to see what she'd do - but instead of giving me her foot, she proceeded to climb up on top of her cage. Again I waited to see if she'd solicit my attention. To my surprise, she certainly did - she took, literally, a flying leap, landed on my chest and climbed up onto my shoulder to get her cuddles herself! Gotta love it! :lol::rofl:

Rabbit

Walking the driveway
She is just the cutest little thing, and I love her coloring! Youre both lucky as can be to have one another, yay!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
She's a beauty!!

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
She sounds precious. •Your patience of waiting for her will pay off big in the long run. •Some rush their birdss too much. •Some birds just need a little time to think and you have figured that out. •Love the •pictures and she sure is a cutie.

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
One of the best things about AA are the things we learn, almost by chance, from more experienced members. What a resource!

Reeny

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Maureen
She is precious! What a pretty color??

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
She is gorgeous. Congrats on your new friend.:heart:

CrazyBirdLady

Hit the Road
Real Name
Jaime
What a beautiful girl. It sounds like you have a great relationship that will just get better.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
what a lovely little girlie!!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
She is beautiful! I love her color! Matt

Tay05

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kaleigh
So cute! She sounds like a sweetheart! Congrats!!

JBPutrino

Moving in
Thank you all - I do think she's adorable - but I'm very partial :dancing: She is a beautiful baby blue (she tends to look a little greenish in photos) and her belly feathers remind me of blue cotton candy. I give her kisses there all the time and she luvs it. She's a happy baby and I'm so proud to be her momma. It just amazes me how such a tiny creature can have such intelligence and a personality as big as she has - and she's still just an infant - I look forward to watching her learn and grow. I hope she learns to talk (I think she will because she already picked up and mimics the exact sound of my kissy noises to her) but if she doesn't I'll love her just the same. :heart: When I picked her up at the breeder she stepped up on my finger, looked at me and mewed and that was it - I was a goner. :dance5::hug8:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
She looks super sweet and I adore her coloring.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Thank you all - I do think she's adorable - but I'm very partial :dancing: She is a beautiful baby blue (she tends to look a little greenish in photos) and her belly feathers remind me of blue cotton candy. I give her kisses there all the time and she luvs it. She's a happy baby and I'm so proud to be her momma. It just amazes me how such a tiny creature can have such intelligence and a personality as big as she has - and she's still just an infant - I look forward to watching her learn and grow. I hope she learns to talk (I think she will because she already picked up and mimics the exact sound of my kissy noises to her) but if she doesn't I'll love her just the same. :heart: When I picked her up at the breeder she stepped up on my finger, looked at me and mewed and that was it - I was a goner. :dance5::hug8:
Emmie's got you wrapped around her claw...as it should be! :heart: