• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Things that make you go "awwww!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelenVanessaDavies

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
The other day when I took Percy to the vets, he was such a brave boy during the examination, but was very rattled afterwards. So on the drive home I put my index finger through the bars to try comfort him...and he goes and holds my finger with one of his footsies and carried on holding it til we got home:heart: (usually he presumes he has to step up when I put my hand near his feet)

What are the things your birds do that makes you smile? Even after being a little stinker!

QP4CAG

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lindsay
That was sooooo sweet!! Ross will rub his cute wittle beak ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL over my face while giving me kisses:heart:
And when I play w/Jax, he'll sometimes put his beak on my lips and let me kiss him while his gives kissing noises:heart:

Grammy

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Pat
Every once in a while, Baby will put her head down for scritches. She doesn't really like to be touched and I know she's doing it as an offering to me. Makes me verklempt every time!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
When Chloe flys over and gives me "Dovie kisses". Merlin lays his head down on the desk for a scritch, Cainan preens my eyelashes. Kiwi comes and stands on my foot for green food. Bocce runs across the floor to me when I get home....it goes on and on. I love my little messy, house eating monsters.

Erin1979

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Erin
Sunny will rub his face/beak against my face while whispering and somewhat cooing when it's snuggle time. He'll also grunt softly and bob his head when I sing to him.
My young parrotlet fed my elderly female budgie this morning some carrots that she passed to her through the cage, it was so sweet :heart:.

Crackaleen

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kathy
My guys will both rub their heads on my nose if I'm laying down with them on my chest and they want snuggles. Pixie has just started putting her beak against my lips and making kissy noises too. She also does this thing that is very cat-like where she will crouch down low and rub her head on your hand while propelling herself forward (think of a cat rubbing itself against your legs wanting to be fed - looks a lot like that).

The cutest thing ever though had to be when my mom would cuddle with our brown headed parrot. They would lay on the couch together and every time my mom would stroke her head she would close her eyes and literally sigh "aaahhhh" in this cute little voice.

Last edited:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
When Nala will stand on my shoulder and press her little face against my cheek and just sit there.

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Penny learnt quickly that if she wants something, all she has to do is Wave. Your eating something, and theres Penny beside you, Waveing like mad, hoping you'll think she's smart enough or cute enough to get a piece of what your eating. Its so cute!! She's like a dog who shakes a paw frantically when they want what you have. She's like "I wave, you treat me when we train.....same thing now right?"

IggyPepito

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
OMG that's sooooo cute!!!

*When* Iggy wants to be pet he will cuddle up to my arm and bow his head down for scritches....but like I said...When he wants to be pet. lol

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
A couple of years ago, something had me so angry that I was crying. Cassie came walking over, looked me in the eye,and then began to wipe the tears away with her wings...

all4stvoyager

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sara
When I got home from being in the hospital for 10 days in June, Chili ran into my arms when I let her out of the cage.

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
Kiwi will lean in for a kiss and, if I don't respond fast enough, he will start making kissy noises :heart:

Leza

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
Loki SHOVES his head into my hand for head scratches.... baby itching her head with her foot for head rubs... peanut hiding in his atom, peeking to see if i can see him.... odin saying "tum eer"(her version of come here).... they are all so cute, feisty, but cute!! :heart:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Rocco loves to snuggle, and will rub his face against mine and do quiet parrotlet chatter, with some "hiiiiii" thrown in. :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.