• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Things I've learned. (maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyredwingrider

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Moni
Its been a little over 1 wk since JuJu came home to live with us and there are a few things that I think I have learned about this little guy. Since I didn't have any information about his back ground I'm working in the dark. He is scared to death of sticks, didn't eat veggie or fruit, no idea what toys are, has no trust in people, and doesn't know how to fly. I got him to eat veggies by making a mush and mixing in some feed, I have him coming to the side of his cage when I call him, stand on his perch and he's taking treats out of my hand, and today he played with a toy.. yippee:dancing: It doesn't sound like a lot but I am so proud of him.

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
that is amazing progress!!! It's HUGE in such a short span of time!

Ladyredwingrider

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Moni
I think he wants to be a companion but he just never had a chance. Whats funny is that Mozart (B/G) climbed up on his cage and they beaked gently, When Roxie (scarlet) climb on JuJu lunged at her over and over again. Guess red isn't his color...:hehe:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
wow that is wonderful progress...wonderful@@@ actually a lot of birds don't like red.

MollyMouse

Biking along the boulevard
Fantastic it's great to hear of progress. Molly is terrified of red and orange.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That is great! You are doing very well with him.

onthewingsofmacaws

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Patricia
I think he wants to be a companion but he just never had a chance. Whats funny is that Mozart (B/G) climbed up on his cage and they beaked gently, When Roxie (scarlet) climb on JuJu lunged at her over and over again. Guess red isn't his color...:hehe:

Your making wonderful progress with him it won't be long before he will be snuggling with you :hehe: My Chatot is a Green wing so he is red and he hates the color red I was wearing a red hoody one day when I took him out with me for a ride to the store he attacked and bite me all up my arm and shoulder while I was doing 50 mph down the hwy it was all I could do to get pulled over saftley and take my sweater off and throw it in the trunk but as soon as I did he was as good as gold. I find it so strange that he hates the color red soso much and he is red.:hehe: Keep up the good work and the updates I just love to hear how much better birds do when they are loved and are getting the attention that they need and deserve

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Your TLC and is yielding fantastic results! Keep it up! :laughing12:

mjones

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melody
Your making wonderful progress with him it won't be long before he will be snuggling with you :hehe: My Chatot is a Green wing so he is red and he hates the color red I was wearing a red hoody one day when I took him out with me for a ride to the store he attacked and bite me all up my arm and shoulder while I was doing 50 mph down the hwy it was all I could do to get pulled over saftley and take my sweater off and throw it in the trunk but as soon as I did he was as good as gold. I find it so strange that he hates the color red soso much and he is red.:hehe: Keep up the good work and the updates I just love to hear how much better birds do when they are loved and are getting the attention that they need and deserve
:omg:Maybe Chatot thought another greenwing was eating you! :lol:You saying you were in a hoodie just made me think of those weird costumes kids wear like dressing up to be Winnie the Pooh but it looks like you inside of Winnie the Pooh. Does that make sense? I think I need to go to bed! Sorry for the crazy visual! :rofl:
5576.1313.zoom.jpg parrot-child-costume-83sm.jpg

Big Blues

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
:)JuJu is has done well in just a week! Sounds like you have found a way to get him to eat healthier food which is a great start. Consider working on socializing him over time for safety, especially with the color red:) ... nice orbit set up in your avatar, BTW.

Last edited:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Nice progress.

Status