• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Things for Wings order is in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enna

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Enna
Got my order today. Wasn't really sure when i'd get it as the tracking number never updated and Hurricane Igor caused quite the bit of damaged here and loosing power for 30 ish hours was sure to cause bit of a delay but it still came in fairly much on time.

The Packaging was great. What i found a bit odd was each jewl bead was also packaged separately so im going to have a lot of fun opening the 250 of those i bought. I also recieved a nice package of samples and as soon as i opened them my conure girly skittles took claim to them. She gave the beak of approval so the rest should follow.

Samples

Bagels! I really like these sized ones

The Jewl Beads

Entire order

This was my First order from Things For wing and Wont be my last thats for sure.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
WOW!! very nice! I need to place an order soon!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
looks like a wonderful haul..great stuff

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
woohoo awesome order!!!
:lol: at the jewels :hehe:

Enna

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Enna
Yea, Great fun taking them all out. At first i started actually unwrapping them by pulling the sticky tab up, Then i got really bored of that and took scissors to the plastic. Took me About a hour and a bit to get most of my parts sorted to my liking.
Kind of Dreading the next time i do order them as i plan on ordering in a lot more as i go through beads like them in a week or so if its a good toy making week for me.

I now have Enough quick links and 12mm O ring that i should hopfully last a few months

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I never thought people would be ordering that many. Next time, I will undo them for you :eek:
Just email me and remind me.
You did get quite a few beads :)

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
I just placed my order tonight! USA loves Things For Wings too!

tibanks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tina
Wow nice loot..Your babies are going to love you.

Enna

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Enna
I've got my next order in my head. Really liked the Leather lace and the Oh Oh Oval beads. I don't know how but i missed the Vine stars and some skewers would be great.

I also got to find a new work station as i took the bed out of my birdy room. Use tho throw everything up on it and be set for hours.

I Really need to stop spending and looking at other sites. Been trying to save up to get some new cages but it always ends up in toys and parts. Good thing i havn't been able to set up a pay pal account yet.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I've got my next order in my head. Really liked the Leather lace and the Oh Oh Oval beads. I don't know how but i missed the Vine stars and some skewers would be great.

I also got to find a new work station as i took the bed out of my birdy room. Use tho throw everything up on it and be set for hours.

I Really need to stop spending and looking at other sites. Been trying to save up to get some new cages but it always ends up in toys and parts. Good thing i havn't been able to set up a pay pal account yet.
What do you do with all the toys you make? Are they for you or friends?

Enna

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Enna
What do you do with all the toys you make? Are they for you or friends?

Most of it is for my guys so i do get to re-use a lot of it but my guys really like things they can destory. Im a twin and the sister is quite into birds aswell. Course when we both lived together the budgies were our, she moved out and left them all with me so i have about 6 times more birds then her now but i do tend to make some for her conure and senegal. She plans on getting a caique this spring/summer so i suppose i'll have to start making some larger bird toys.

I use to make a few toys for a few friends but in general, i just enjoy making the toys so i tend to go through a lot of stuff

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Wow, they are pretty lucky.

If you have a camera, I would love to see what kind of toys you make, you seem like a pro.
:)

Enna

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Enna
Not really having much luck getting pictures, Get a post 1/2 done and it will freeze up. Seem like photobucket is the cause.

Going to try posting a few that i can find again. Sorry if some of the photos are really large

Thats a few. most are at lease a year old. I've lost a lot of my photos thanks to my laptop completely crashing beyond repair

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I love them!!
#2 and #3 are pretty, #1 and #4 look like lots of fun.

Enna

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Enna
Only Real problem with #3 was the plastic cord used. It was really thin thus destroyed and wood on the bottom of the cage in mins. My guys Really loved the first one so i went back and made a few of the last night.

I got my second order of stuff which i'll post about later (uploading pics) so i should hopfully be able to sit down and make a whole lot of toys tonight. Pretty excited for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.