• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video They were going to put him down

Miss_sj

Jogging around the block
Real Name
stacie
Wow!!! Well done to you and your family! You obviously have given him all of your love and he certainly feels it....what a happy little bird who is so lucky to have found you (and you are lucky to have found him!)

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
What an adorable little budgie.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I finally got a chance to watch your videos when Buddy wouldn't be mad & start screaming... :omg: what a sweet & precious little one. Many Thanks to you & your Mom for taking him in!!!

What a grand recovery those little legs have made. That's a heck of a Handi-abled angel you have.

The fact that Blue's favorite line of words to say is:
Never ever drop a baby bird!
Leads me to believe the same thought as your vet about falling (being dropped) a large height.

:gbh:

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
What an absolute doll Blue is, and what a remarkable story @Ocean !
You have done miraculously in saving and rehabbing him. He's a lucky birdie, for sure.
Oh... Fergus wants me to tell you that he had (has) that green tennis shoe toy, but we had to take the shoelace out because his toenail got stuck in it, and Mommy had to manhandle him to get it unstuck. Fortunately, he lived through Mommy's "monster hands" holding him! :heart::omg:

Phocyn

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laura
Three of my birds are disabled. One, my parakeet Venus, is paralyzed on her left side, foot area. I believe she was attacked by her aviary buddies and ended up needed a rehome. Regardless, just cause a bird is disabled is no reason to overlook them.

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Oh my goodness, he's so stinkin' cute!!! :heart: And he's such a happy little one. Love him!

Thank you for sharing your journey with us. And thank you for believing in this little soul and giving him such a wonderful home!

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Just a bit of info from wild behavior: when a wild budgie finds a wet leaf they take a bath by wrapping themselves up in the wet leaf just as Blue wrapped himself up in that Kleenx! My Grandmother used to give her pet budgie a wet washcloth and Peety would roll himself in the wet cloth over and over again until he was very wet. Then he sat on Grandma's shoulder preening all his feathers until completely dry. It is amazing how often instinctual behavior shows itself in our pets.

Thank you for rescuing Blue and nursing him back to health!
:laughing6:
:excited2: :loveshower: :lolsign:

lexalayne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
Oh my God bless you - thank you for saving this sweetie ! She’s really come a long way! Do you know what causes this ? In college (like 35 years ago) I bought a parakeet from a local pet store in San Diego and within 2 days he couldn’t clutch a perch and his legs were weak. The pet store offered to trade him. I left. The vet also recommended putting him down- after examination and x-rays. He explained the bones in his legs were bowed and wouldn’t get better. I took him and walked out. Every week I made him cardboard perches and he was able to use them. One day I put a perch back in and I was surprised he could clutch it. After awhile you would never know he had had problems. Why are vets still advocating to put them down ??

ConureTiel

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
What an amazing rescue! Amazing people, and amazing, smart, wonderful bird!

PinkifiedJ

Moving in
Real Name
Jen
Blue is so precious! :swoon:
Your journey with Blue just warms my heart. When everyone else had given up on Blue, you continued to believe and never gave up on him. <3 :rockon:
Its remarkable how much progress hes made!

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Someone's conure had an issue w/ the sneaker thing too. Maybe...
@Farlie
Maybe Rick remembers it was awhile back & I can't remember if it was Farlie or not...
Yes, the evil, wicked, mean, bad and nasty yellow sneaker. Farlie still has the plastic shoe bottom and likes to stick his head in it when taking a shower.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
You did awesome with Blue. He is soooooooo adorable.