• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

These guys are funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anfsurfer

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
Just picked up a pair of Parrotlets from the airport. They're a Male/Female pair I put together. They're both just weaned about a week ago and have been living together since. They're not related. I'm amazed how bonded they are already! No problem with the airline travel...they're playing with their toys, eating, exploring already. The breeder fed them seeds since weaning and I held off giving them any until I saw if they would eat their pellets (Mixed Harrisons and Roudybush), and no problem there either! Are the males generally a bit smaller than the females? Mine is and not sure if it's normal or he's just a shrimp. :) They sure love preening each other! I'll try to get some pics up. The male always hides behind the female when I try to get a pic....so still working on getting one. Have a few options for names on each of them already...but haven't decided for sure yet.

I've had my Lovebirds and IRNs for years...first time with the Plets. Anything you want to share with me that my new fids would like please do! :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
they sound adorable!! where;s the pics!!!

Anfsurfer

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
They really are cute Anne! I'm having a hard time getting a decent pic though. :-( I did get this quick pic for you just now until I can get some decent ones. They're both super sweet.

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
They really do sound super cute.. :smileflower:

JackieRTP

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jackie
Pics! When I had a pair, my female was bigger than the male. I figure she had big parents and his were smaller. Just like with people.

Tay05

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kaleigh
Not sure what everyone else here has heard but I've been told my parrotlet breeders not to feed pellets to mutation color parrotlets (not sure what color yours are). Supposably it causes kidney problems?

Anfsurfer

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
Not sure what everyone else here has heard but I've been told my parrotlet breeders not to feed pellets to mutation color parrotlets (not sure what color yours are). Supposably it causes kidney problems?
Both of mine are mutation Parrotlets. I read a discussion online between vets about that, and the recommendation was to feed a varied diet of seed, pellet and fresh produce for best health.

HelenVanessaDavies

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
SUCH CUTIES :heart::heart:

Silvra

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lauren
Aw they're adorable. I got a pair of green celestials last Saturday and they do the same thing of sitting as close to each other as physically possible!

Which mutation is the yellow-faced one? I've not seen it before.

Anfsurfer

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
Thanks Helen and Lauren!

Yes, if they're not bickering they're very snuggled up together. Prisca the female loves me to all high heaven, but Nibs the male wants nothing to do with me. He throws a fit if I put my hand in the cage or am holding Prisca. He sounds like he's muttering Parrotlet profanities!!! He seriously want to maul me. :)

They're both Dilutes. Prisca is a Turquoise Dilute. Nibs has been molting since I got him...his face and forehead have turned a beautiful sky blue, and he's gotten violet on his forewings. I think Prisca is just starting her molt.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Beautiful little ones though I think you were sold a bill of goods - someone passed off some really cue Easter chicks on you but I'll be happy to take them off your hands for you (for free)! :hehe: As if! They are well past adorable and I'm positive Prisca is making eyes at you in the first photo while Nibs is trying to distract her by whispering "sweet nothings" in her ear ...:D

Silvra

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lauren
I've not seen the dilute yellow before. She's very pretty and I agree with Buckbeak that she does look a little bit like chicken chick!

Anfsurfer

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
Haha! Thanks guys It's a struggle to get Prisca on my finger before Nibs bites it. lol I had hoped he would be a sweeter guy, but I guess he just has too much Testosterone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.