• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

There is still hope...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
When Pixel first arrived here, she seemed ok with all the birds but one.

Shade.

Shade didn't do anything to her. In fact, Shade is pretty easy going with all the birds here.

So where could this come from?

Of course, like with humans, not all birds will necessarily get along and this might just stem from a personality difference.

However, I do believe there might have been other reason(s), the biggest being competition in Pixel's eye for my attention. Shade is undeniably more my bird than she is my boyfriend's bird. Pixel, as of now, is still weary of my boyfriend (it's getting better). Pixel was particularly "aggressive" towards Shade when Shade would be on me or around me and she wanted the attention as well. But some of these display of aggression also occurred on play stands. When she acted out towards Shade, she got some time out in the bird room (as these always happened when everyone was out in the living room area) for a few minutes and then I would bring her back and put her on a stand further away from me and I would spend more time with Shade.

This was definitively more pronounced earlier on. Although I don't believe these two will never be the best of friends, they do seem to have made some progress. Here's a picture of them hanging out in close proximity on the same stand. They were like this for quite some time and it only ended when Shade moved on to get some food elsewhere. There is definitively hope that they will at least learn to stand each other.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
they are within a few feet of each other and not wanting to attack..definitely progress!!!! they will probably be like Sam and Mitch..I call them the Bickersons..

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Im going through a similar thing with Moby (U2) and Opa (U2). I think Moby is jealous of Opa because Opa is young and has such an easy going manner. Opa just walks/waddles up to any bird and expects to be accepted and allowed to preen them. Moby's jealous of that and possibly resents Opa for thinking that? I dont know but after almost a year, Moby is now calm with Opa around, but they have a long time yet before they(Moby) really accepts Opa. And Opa was here before him.:rolleyes:

So I know what your going through. Time will help settle their differences. Good luck:):hug8:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
;) Now that's progress!! They are proceeding cautiously!:hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.