• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

There is a cockatiel in my tree!

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
It's so far up :( I put seed and water on the round and my husband is whistling to it. It looks so tired. I scanned cl for lost cockatiels but none I saw look like this one.

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
It is grey with yellow specks. Well at least that's what it's underside looks like. I heard it when my daughter was napping.

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

ilikebirds

Jogging around the block
oh dear! do you have a spare cage to set outside with some food? maybe he will recognize it as a safe place and come down. maybe try to play some youtube videos of other tielies vocalizing? perhaps that may bring the cutie down...

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Well, it flew away. I was shaking some seed in a ss cup and my husband had binoculars and said it didn't even look down.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
go out and look again and see if you can come up with a spare cage..poor thing..you can post in parrot 911 that you saw the bird in the tree and your approximate location...maybe someone in your area is looking.

Lisa L

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lisa Larsen
I found my Yellow Parakeet in the street and after many failed attempts to find his owner he became my first bird. I had birds as a kid but once I got him, he looked lonely, so I got him a friend. Turned out they were both males so I needed another one, a female to break up the monotony of course. Then I saw an ad for a Quaker parrot. I said why not, they are small. Little Napoleon small, so I thought his attitude was because he missed his flock so I called the previous owner who offered me his best friend, Rosemary, the Cockateil. This may sound strange, but I sleep with that bird. She has a beautiful cage and lots of toys but prefers to sleep with me. I set up a little perch with a shelf under it almost at the level of my bed and she loves it. Too much poop on the pillow at first. Needless to say I sleep alone human wise. I do dog rescue and I am known as the dog lady, now I am being called the bird lady. I am just waiting to hear the word "Crazy" before the bird lady. Its only a matter of time. lol. I hope you get the poor baby from the tree. I will say a prayer and send some positive energy your way!

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I sent a message to parrot alert. It flew to far away to try and look :( I was hoping I would see where it landed but I lost sight.

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I was just about to wheel out Babalu's old cage... I hope someone else finds it.

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I messaged them on fb as well.

ilikebirds

Jogging around the block
well, maybe still put the cage out. perhaps if he flies again he may spot it. its worth a shot anyhow.

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Omg! It's back! I will get the cage out. I haven't spotted it yet but I can hear it.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
get that cage out mmaybe some millet if you have it...treats...call to the bird...mayb e try to whistle...dont be too loud though no sharp sudden movements...sit back...oh I hope you get that birdie!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
Omg! It's back! I will get the cage out. I haven't spotted it yet but I can hear it.
there are two cockatiels lost in San Diego...go look on parrot 911 and you can message the owners..at least there might be a chance that the bird is their.s

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Parrot alert sent me some lost cockatiel ads but none looked like this one. I'll look at parrot 911 now. I don't have millet :(

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
Parrot alert sent me some lost cockatiel ads but none looked like this one. I'll look at parrot 911 now. I don't have millet :(
I am sure that tiel is hungry enough to eat anything right now...good luck!!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Oh dear, I hope you can get him/her.

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
It's even higher this time. I hope it can see the cage. I tried saying step up, but not up up. I'll try that.