• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The story of Charlie & Lily ...gone these many years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
Charlie & Lily were the best cats on earth...we got them when we first moved in together in 1980 & also Freckles the doggie at the same time..they all loved each other..we moved out to a small town in Ontario when things went bad & we brought them with us of co urse...the two cats loved the neighborhood...they roamed all over & Charlie was much loved by all the neighbors...especially the old man who lived downstairs...his name was Ray...Charlie would go over there every single day & make himself at home...I once went looking for them & Ray was cooking some fish..he said oh yes, they are both here...I am just cooking them up some fish..:p The old man used to whittle and there would be Charlie right next to him...Charlie was enormous..a big big neutered tom..weighed 22 lbs..not fat..just huge...he used to ride around on me and I swear sometimes I can feel him there hugging me...drooling as he would only drool on me...he and Freckles would sleep arm in arm..he was Lily's constant companion and her protector...one day the old man came knocking on my door...he said come quick and I came running...a drunk driver hit my Charlie as he was sitting on the front lawn..I screamed & cried ...we buried him under a tree and wept..I weep for him still and he has been gone these 23 years...Freckles howled for two eweeks..http://
about a month after Charlie died, I walked around the corner of the house and heard a noise..it was the old man sitting in his chair whittling..I looked at him & Ray saidto me....you know Charlie should be here...when we left that town I hugged the old man and thanked him for being so good to my Charlie.. this is Lily...she has been gone over 10 years. she was a polydactyl...7 toes on the right front foot 8 on the left front and six each on the back...we got her as they were going to destroy her..she was so ugly as a kitten and fell all over her feet..she lived over 17 years...she died of kidney failure..we noticed she wasnt eating or drinking like normal..we brought her to the vet...the vet said bring her home & let her die at home..she is not sufferring now...you will know..and one night as she was drinking out of her water dish, she fell in..we knew it was time..I cradled her in my arms as she died...as the vet put her down....I only three months later we lost Freckles due to extreme old age...andwe felt totally helpless and lost...I just know they are all playing together..they say time heels all wounds..it isnt true..I miss them as if they were still here and sometimes I cry for them..http://

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
We always love who has a part of our heart and it is clear to me your kitties will always have a part of your heart. :heart:

Chewy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Erin
Man you have me tearing up. I lost my cat to what I don't know. Probably old age she was 16. I just found her int he cat box. I wasn't home when it happened.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Time can never erase the footprints they leave in our hearts. I miss my tiels that have passed as well.

Riley's mom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cindy
Beautiful and touching post. Beautiful kitties. No matter how long they are gone, they will always be tucked away in that special place in your heart. :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.