• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Saga of the Broken Babble Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeaceLoveDreamer

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jacqui
So I had bought Cole a Babble ball a few weeks back, and it has since run out of battery (I was amazed how fast, but considering how often he plays with it its not that much a surprise). Well, I still have it hanging in there for him, but last night I noticed he was getting frustrated with it. He would grab it, run all the way back on his perch, and CHUCK it at the side of the cage, hoping for some sort of reaction. I thought it was cute at first, but then he started making his favorite noise that it makes, the meow, at it in perfect pitch. I think he was hoping it would talk back to him. While this was adorable, I feel awful. He wants that thing to talk to him so badly! So last night I ordered a new one and one of those talking cell phones (since Kimba LOVES his) for him. :p

I just thought I'd share, an ask if these things really die this fast for anyone else, or did Cole just overuse his?

Compassion

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Angela
I've purchased 3 Babble balls for my Plumhead because he really goes nuts over them. I've had the balls batteries last different lengths of time so I think part of it has to do with how old the batteries are to begin with. I've also wondered if the little plastic mechanism meant to keep the toy from going off during shipping and while in the store may have been removed at some point and placed back.

I originally ordered two Babble balls,one that hangs from the cage and another that doesn't have a chain connected. Moe went nuts over the hanging version and ignored the other. It took a couple months,but the battery died and I ended up just taking the batteries out of the ball that was being ignored. This time the batteries died very fast.

I decided to purchase another hanging ball because the Lovies seemed to enjoy this toy as much as my Plumhead. I was bummed that my new Babble ball would only make noise while laying on it's side which isn't possible when it is hanging from the cage. I exchanged that ball for another and this time the new ball lasted only a few days. I noticed with the new ball the plastic battery cover was slightly loose when I got it.

Stevo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
You can probably change the battery and save the cost of a new one, and the time it takes for one to me sent in the post..

luvsgreys

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
Hmm, we've had ours since last summer..but it sort of freaks Emmett out so it doesn't get much use. :lol: I do think that I can change the battery on this one. That's awesome that Cole likes his so much! We have the animal sounds one, which one does Cole love so much? :)

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Akira can wear out a babble ball in less than two weeks. I'm looking in to replacing the batteries, but its just as expensive as buying a new one.

mizbirdy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tina
Piper loves her babble ball; she'll wear one out quite fast. I need to replace the batteries in it, & in her phone too. It doesn't work very well either....

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
I've had one since last year and it still works perfectly fine. I actually have 3 of them but 2 of them the batteries died and Sammy is the only one that likes them (the other fids are terrified of them)

Status
Not open for further replies.