• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The saddest little lampshade

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Ah, seasonal skin allergies!

No, it's not really big enough to keep him from licking if he was really determined, but the cone itself is such a distraction that he doesn't lick if it's on. He's been giving me sad eyes for putting it on though :roflmao:

IMG_8103.jpeg

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Ah, seasonal skin allergies!

No, it's not really big enough to keep him from licking if he was really determined, but the cone itself is such a distraction that he doesn't lick if it's on. He's been giving me sad eyes for putting it on though :roflmao:

View attachment 437132
His eyes please take it off mum haha :shifty:

it’s for your own good little man

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aw poor guy,I know how that goes. Just about everyday with Kovu he's battling his allergies and no matter how many meds he's on or allergy shots and medicated baths he gets he's constantly licking and making his skin raw so the cone of shame makes various appearances for different amounts of time to save him from himself.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Aw poor guy,I know how that goes. Just about everyday with Kovu he's battling his allergies and no matter how many meds he's on or allergy shots and medicated baths he gets he's constantly licking and making his skin raw so the cone of shame makes various appearances for different amounts of time to save him from himself.
And it's always the saddest most pathetic thing :roflmao: honestly if he'd leave his butt (the worst spot is on the underside at the base of his tail) alone, this wouldn't be an issue. The Chihuahua gets it next because she's starting on the insides of her elbows :facepalm:

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Oddly enough, Isadora - who has never once paid attention to the fact that the dogs even exist - just tried to take it off of him. Her previous owners have always had big dogs (like shepherd mixes) so she's used to them, but this is the first time I've ever seen her so much as look at one of mine :lol: empathy I guess!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
And it's always the saddest most pathetic thing :roflmao: honestly if he'd leave his butt (the worst spot is on the underside at the base of his tail) alone, this wouldn't be an issue. The Chihuahua gets it next because she's starting on the insides of her elbows :facepalm:
I wish it was only Kovu's tail. His fav spots are his thighs and prepuce so very awkward spots to say the least. He occasionally licks his feet but it's 99% his under sides.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Oddly enough, Isadora - who has never once paid attention to the fact that the dogs even exist - just tried to take it off of him. Her previous owners have always had big dogs (like shepherd mixes) so she's used to them, but this is the first time I've ever seen her so much as look at one of mine :lol: empathy I guess!
Haha :rofl: This is too funny

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I wish it was only Kovu's tail. His fav spots are his thighs and prepuce so very awkward spots to say the least. He occasionally licks his feet but it's 99% his under sides.
Oh jeez! And apoquel doesn't help?

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh jeez! And apoquel doesn't help?
It does but not enough to fully get him to stop. He's been on it for years off and on and gets bloodwork done several times a year to make sure he's doing OK on it which he is. But I think a lot of it is habitual as well he definitely has allergies that's proven but he also will randomly lick his blankets and our hands all the time rhythmicly and non stop so I really think it's an ingrained compulsive behavior in addition to his actual allergies so it's a bad combo.

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Please Mom, I promise I wont do that any more. I
love you, do you love me?

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My dog is allergic to grains, so no food with wheat, corn, oatmeal. Can't even bath him in oatmeal shampoo. The Apoquel turned him into a drooling zombie, so had to take him off it. Tried several grain free dog foods. Finally found one he can eat & not scratch. He gets Taste of the Wild Sierra Mountain dry.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
My dog is allergic to grains, so no food with wheat, corn, oatmeal. Can't even bath him in oatmeal shampoo. The Apoquel turned him into a drooling zombie, so had to take him off it. Tried several grain free dog foods. Finally found one he can eat & not scratch. He gets Taste of the Wild Sierra Mountain dry.
At the clinic I worked at, we had a dog who was allergic to all proteins - chicken, beef, lamb, pork, and even exotic ones like venison and kangaroo. All protein. We finally found a kibble that had an egg substitute that lacked whatever enzyme was producing the allergies, but man that whole case was such a brain melter!

I'm glad you were able to find a food, that's so wildly hard sometimes!

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
He is cute tho!