• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The real "angry birds"

DMGN_LORIES

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi all ☺

I have a pair of lorikeets who have managed to pop out an egg which I have since hand raised.

In the last 6 months or so the pair have been getting more and more agressive towards myself and my family.

They do still have the nesting box as it is winter and freezing cold at night so I wanted to leave it in for them.
But they are so agressive I thought maybe they had an egg. Nope nothing

It's become so bad it's difficult to feed them and god knows how impossible/dangerous it is to attempt handling either of them.

I feel terrible and everywhere I look says handle them more but I can't without them attacking then everyone says they must have an egg hence the agression but still no egg. I don't know what to do

Has anyone had a similar situation or have a clue how to settle them down?

Much appreciated

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
You are an intruder/competition. They don't need or want you. Why? Because you set them up to be an independent bonded pair which is what they are. Nothing will change unless you change the whole situation (splitting them up. No nesting materials or places etc). The problem is, that is what you want, not what they want. So who is more important to be happy? You or the birds.