• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The problem with Conura - Molina

h4l1.png

Moving in
Real Name
Tarik
hello friends

I have a brown-eared conure/moline that is about 4 months old. She's still a baby. A month ago she gave up hand feeding and after that I bought her. I have one small problem with her, she likes to walk on the bottom of the cage, she likes to roll in the sand that is at the bottom and in most cases she steps in her shizz with her feet and then it can have an unpleasant smell on her, the poop doesn't smell or you can smell it the smell of fruit, which is not an alert, but when it stands on the legs, it is very noticeable and unpleasant. She doesn't like, that is, she hasn't really learned to bathe, so I had to make her bathe a couple of times... then she was very scared and very angry with me, so now we have to work on reconciling. Can you help me with this, how can I drive her away and teach her not to go to the bottom, is this a problem at all, the cage is cleaned every day

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I'd replace the sand with paper - newspaper or something similar. Does she have perches in the cage?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
All birds I have had from babies started off with a lot of playing at the bottom of the cage- even my macaw used to spend a good portion of the day playing on the floor of his cage when he was young. I found it was best to use paper sheets for poop collection and put the paper under the cage floor grate so there was less of a surface for the poop to land on and then the bird and poop are kept apart by the space between the floor grate and the catcher tray.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
:greet13:hi !
Welcome to the forum!
I would love to see your conure!!! I'm not sure I've seen that species before. :)

Agree with above, don't use sand, news paper can be changed out daily .