• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The horrible love triangle

echobird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ash
There is a horrible love triangle going on in my flock. Not the usual triangle but more so the musical instrument triangle that has one end that’s not connected :hilarious:

Olive is in love with Cael but Cael is in love with Echo. Echo on the other hand thinks she’s human and has a thing for any guy with a beard (the bigger the beard the better :lol:).

I plan on separating echo from the other two and possibly adding in a new flock member (but not for maybe a year or two).

Does anyone else have any love triangles going on in their flock?

Ppoi

Strolling the yard
BB (lovebird) and stormy (budgie) both want Ellie (conure). Both regurgitate their food for Ellie. Ellie enjoys the attention. Ellie is only 7 months old, so she hasn't matured yet. BB also LOVES one of our curtain rods.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
BB (lovebird) and stormy (budgie) both want Ellie (conure). Both regurgitate their food for Ellie. Ellie enjoys the attention. Ellie is only 7 months old, so she hasn't matured yet. BB also LOVES one of our curtain rods.

Oh well if we are counting inanimate objects we have some love trapezoids over here! :rofl:

Familyof12

Real Name
Liz
I believe it's common as I've read a lot of this happening. When we had Tito, he was our Don Juan. He was always charming both Sola and Carmen and would create huge fights with the other boys. But I'll tell you, neither Sola (budgie) nor Carmen (parrotlet) ever pushed him away. In fact, they would kiss him and groom him until their partners would show up. It was so funny. I miss him so much. My lover is gone.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
@webchirp What is the current state of your flock soap opera dynamics?
Same...Rocco and Zephyr hate each other but both love Jewel. Jewel is the only bird that climbs the divider net and visits whichever boyfriend she feels like visiting. When caged, she shares a cage with Rocco. Zephyr is a bit of a food bully. She did have that fourth thing going on with Tuck but I think it was too much for him to share so we found him his own girlfriend. New guy in town, Elvis is too old and grumpy to be swayed by the room hottie.

echobird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ash
Same...Rocco and Zephyr hate each other but both love Jewel. Jewel is the only bird that climbs the divider net and visits whichever boyfriend she feels like visiting. When caged, she shares a cage with Rocco. Zephyr is a bit of a food bully. She did have that fourth thing going on with Tuck but I think it was too much for him to share so we found him his own girlfriend. New guy in town, Elvis is too old and grumpy to be swayed by the room hottie.

Green cheeks sure are something else :xflove:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Green cheeks sure are something else :xflove:
Jewel is a little love bug to put it nicely. She checks out all the boys. One day I lost her and I thought...I cannot have lost her, I didn't open any doors. Here she had snuck in when I had the foster flight open and was sitting with the boys. She was very surprised when Elvis pulled her tail. She thought she had him under her belt too. He is a wiley old man.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
It's a daytime soap opera at my house.
Walter would tolerate all of the birds. He's more of a people bird, but he enjoys the company of the other birds.
Archie DESPISES Walter. Like the maniacal madman, he spends his days posturing in his cage, plotting violent attacks, and seizing any opportunity he has to enact them.
He's downright jovial with Remy, and is a little wary/uneasy around Evie (whose Dad still hasn't swung by to pick her up since I agreed to watch her for the Holidays and he had family in town :thinking:)

Remy doesn't want anything to do with any of the birds. He'd rather just got to any person (truly, any person). He doesn't want to interact with Archie, he DETESTS Walter, and finally...he can't GET AWAY from Evie. Who is madly in love with him. Desperate for his acknowledgement and attention. Frustrated when she doesn't get it. And has eyes for no other bird but Remy. :rolleyes: