• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures The Adventures of Tibs

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Figured I'd set up a separate thread now that he's home. He's still not a big fan of water but he'll stay in the shower when I shower. Only about a week left in quarantine so he and his brother can see each other. At first, he wouldn't touch chop and now he eats it really very well. He's eight months old as of the 19th.

I was curious why there isn't a Good/Bad/Ugly about Jenday conures, I wouldn't feel right to start such a thing as Tibs has only been home about a month now. But, I love my little buddy, I'm very glad that he's a part of the famiy.

Teri Ray

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Teri Whitaker
Are they very different from Suns?

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Are they very different from Suns?
I don't think he's as loud as Suns are but, my experience is limited. I've only met a handful of Suns and he's the only Jenday. Perhaps why there isn't a a Roll Call for them would be a better question.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Figured I'd set up a separate thread now that he's home. He's still not a big fan of water but he'll stay in the shower when I shower. Only about a week left in quarantine so he and his brother can see each other. At first, he wouldn't touch chop and now he eats it really very well. He's eight months old as of the 19th.

I was curious why there isn't a Good/Bad/Ugly about Jenday conures, I wouldn't feel right to start such a thing as Tibs has only been home about a month now. But, I love my little buddy, I'm very glad that he's a part of the famiy.

A little cutie.... All you need now is the song...
" singing in the rain.... " playing in backround!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
He's adorable!!! Love the shower pic!!!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I love how well he's settled in already! You make such great use of your space. Your home looks huge!

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
If you read the Good, Bad and Ugly about Sun Conures you wouldn't be too far off. They are about the same bird. :marlenesmile:
I owned one for a while and I didn't notice many differences between the two species.

Have you seen the bird wars?

Last edited:

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
There are so many types of conures, Jenday seem to get lumped in with Suns like how my BCC gets lumped in with GCC. Of course, that's just my impression. We should start an Other Conure Roll Call!

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
I love how well he's settled in already! You make such great use of your space. Your home looks huge!
:lol:Thank you!! My house is two rooms (three if you include the bathroom) and a loft, it took me a while to figure out how to organize everything.

There are so many types of conures, Jenday seem to get lumped in with Suns like how my BCC gets lumped in with GCC. Of course, that's just my impression. We should start an Other Conure Roll Call!
I LOVE this idea! I know the macaws have Large macaws and Mini Macaws - it'd be really nice if we had an other so we could share our fabies too!

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
I've been waiting to hear more about your handsome new bub!! What an absolute little beauty!
Thank you! :D I had another thread on him but that included the deciding whether or not I should bring him home. So I thought that I should have one that is more obviously all about him.

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Sam Axe keeps looking for him when I move through the house, he seems excited to have company (they can hear each other) whereas I think Tibs is more excited for the time out of the cage and the human interaction. He was surrounded by other birds in the store--and watched many go home, and the store warned people that he bit. I haven't had an issue with him biting even though I was told that he bit someone bloody. It's funny because the longer he's been here, the softer his bites became, he hasn't drawn blood or created a mark. Just pinched, I had been visiting him at the store for a month before hand because I felt bad that he never seemed to get out and he wanted to be out with people.
He's more independent now, which I am glad for, but still looks for his bedtime cuddles. He likes to have me in his sight but is happy to play on the playstand and cargo net.

Tibs getting some sun;

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
If you read the Good, Bad and Ugly about Sun Conures you wouldn't be too far off. They are about the same bird. :marlenesmile:
I owned one for a while and I didn't notice many differences between the two species.

Have you seen the bird wars?

:rofl: The suns look like a wave--too funny! I'd love a mockumentary about the bird wars.

such a cute face :bliss:he is gorgeous !

Thank you!!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Fantastic pictures! Glad he´s settling in well!
You should create the threads that are missing, it may help others who are looking into the species :)
@Leih you too, create the other conure rollcall ;)

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
You should create the threads that are missing, it may help others who are looking into the species :)

Thank you! And, I'm never certain if I should or if there is a reason that there isn't one--you know? But you're probably right, and I'm overly cautious. :)

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I just did! :dance5: