• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

That Season

ZoeyFredrik

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nik
So, Sam's a nine year old quaker. He has always been a little overzealous during this spring season. Usually the object of his affection is a stuffed animal or toy, but lately that's been changing. Last year around this time he discovered a beautiful Tupperware container, a big one for salads and stuff. I didn't think it would cause any problems being out on the counter with him. Next thing I know I hear the excited quaker noise and Sam has his leg up trying to rub himself on the container. I removed it and we did OK the rest of the season.
This year. The container was on the counter the other night, and he was right back at it again. So of course I removed it. A little later while doing the dishes, he dives into the silverware drawer and starts getting excited over a spoon. He's always liked silverware, so I remove him and shut the draw. The next night, the object of his affections was a cup. I put it away in the cupboard. Sam decides that is not acceptable and the proceeds to try and climb up to the cupboard where his new favorite glass is. Tonight he really blew me away. I thought I had removed everything that he perceived as sexy... so he found something else. The coffee maker (not on, never is when he's around). It's this huge red Mr Coffee, the size of a large shoe box. There's Sam, kissing it, trying to rub on it. I moved it so I could get him to stop. He gave me such a stinkeye. He was fine after that though. I'm just wondering what will be next. Toaster? Plate? The pasta strainer? The sink? Does anyone else have this issue?​

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:rofl::rofl::rofl: So funny! I don't have this type of problem, but I think it's hilarious that the kitchen and its wares put him in the mood!

Amillio

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy
So funny. I can't say I have this problem yet. Hopefully, I never do. If it makes you feel any better my sister when I was younger had a dog that wasn't fixed and liked to hump. He actually got all excited about one of my jackets once and actually blew a load. I had to throw the jacket away. After that, the dog was fixed.

alicat

Real Name
Ali
this had me cracking up :roflmao:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Yep… for a month Henry was trying to court me hanging around my feet while I cleaned his and Lola's cage. Now…. he's totally over it and wants to kill me. I hate this season.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Igor Tiel has had some unusual "objects of affection" in his past...lamp shades, curtain rods, and an old VCR. When he found Ziggy, his mate, he definitely was a very confused 'tiel. He would attempt to mate on poor Ziggy's head! :jawdrop1:

She would shake him off, and give him that "YOU'RE NOT DOING THIS RIGHT" look...:facepalm: :meh: :wtf:

ZoeyFredrik

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nik
Igor Tiel has had some unusual "objects of affection" in his past...lamp shades, curtain rods, and an old VCR. When he found Ziggy, his mate, he definitely was a very confused 'tiel. He would attempt to mate on poor Ziggy's head! :jawdrop1:

She would shake him off, and give him that "YOU'RE NOT DOING THIS RIGHT" look...:facepalm: :meh: :wtf:
Sam's not alone! An old VCR? Oh my! Lol