• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Technical difficulties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Not sure if this is the correct place to put this, but the "last post arrow" is taking me to a huge grey page. Is it my computer? Hope I am describing this correctly...

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Which thread?

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
it seems to be working okay here. Maybe try clearing cache?

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
It's the arrow that is next to the last poster's name in a forum subsection. For instance, in this thread, it shows:

Birdlover
10:00 PM -> The arrow to the right of the time

Am I explaining that correctly?

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Was able to copy an example when I hit the list for "New Posts"

Last Post: Today 12:57 AM by Sadieladie1994
The blue arrow

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
you're talking about in the list of threads for a particular forum - I just went to the forum that the thread you posted is in and clicked the blue arrow and it took me to the last post which is the one you posted

is it still doing it for you?

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
you're talking about in the list of threads for a particular forum - I just went to the forum that the thread you posted is in and clicked the blue arrow and it took me to the last post which is the one you posted

is it still doing it for you?
It is. Very strange. Must be something with my computer. :( Let me try exiting out of AA and coming back in. I am so used to hitting the blue arrow to go to the last post in a thread topic where I've already posted. I'll try that and let you know. Thanks!

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
those are taking me to the last post in Safari, firefox and chrome. Is the URL at the top changing to reflect the last post? The one you put in just now should show
forums.avianavenue.com/bird-boulevard/74262-im-feeling-defeated-need-help-food-issues-5.html#post1154643 in the browser bar.

I would try clearing cache and restarting the browser if it doesn't clear up. Does the "first new post" icon work for you?
It seems to move the entire forum to the far left side of my computer, so I can barely see the last few letters of all of the posts in that topic. Does that make sense? The "First new post" icon is doing the same thing. Going to exit out now.

How are you, Jill? Missed you!

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Just exited out and back in. The Last Post arrow on the MAIN screen are working fine. It is when I open up a subcategory that it is not working.

For instance, Main Screen:

Announcements from the Admins

Forum Actions:

Last Post:

**Update Post #263** The News...
by pynkzephyr

12-19-2011, 09:48 PM

This works fine. However, when I open up "Announcements from Admins" and click on the last post arrow within that category, the screen moves to the far left.

Seems like it is only my computer, so don't worry about it. I use IE. It may be something with that.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
have you tried using a different browser to see if it is still doing it for you?

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
have you tried using a different browser to see if it is still doing it for you?
I didn't. I hate Chrome. I could try it in there.

Since nobody has raised any concerns about it, it is likely my computer. Seriously - don't worry about it. Thanks for looking into it!

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
I normally use Firefox, but just signed in with IE and I had to go to the bottom of my window and tab over a little to see the left side of the page

the skins were tweaked during the upgrade, you might want to go to the bottom left of the page and check the different skin options we have - one may work better than another for you

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
I normally use Firefox, but just signed in with IE and I had to go to the bottom of my window and tab over a little to see the left side of the page

the skins were tweaked during the upgrade, you might want to go to the bottom left of the page and check the different skin options we have - one may work better than another for you
Duh. Huh? Remember - you are talking to me - likely the most computer illiterate member of the forum. Where would I find "skin options"?

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG

Duh. Huh? Remember - you are talking to me - likely the most computer illiterate member of the forum. Where would I find "skin options"?

bottom left of any forum page, there is a drop down menu:

skins.jpg

but I don't think that is the problem anymore, I went through all of them when I was in IE and it was doing the same thing

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
I was in IE and I too was getting that grey area which I'd get when I would click on the person's last post like on the home page of AA ... I was trying out firefox and I do not get that grey area when clicking the person's last post. There is a very long scroll bar at the bottom of the screen on here which we never had before.

HelenVanessaDavies

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
I get that on IE, I find that if you wiggle the bottom horozontal bar at the bottom you can readjust it :)

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
I get the big gray page too when I accidentally scroll to the left. And also apparently when I scroll down.

Ginger

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
I cleaned my cache and am still getting it. I have an Apple and am using safari. Every time I scroll down it shoots me off to the left and a giant gray screen. Maybe Bea is messing with us?:cag:

Ginger

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
See how it is now. There was a known bug that but the search icon waaaaaaay off to the right. I just fixed that and hopefully that will resolve the scrollbar and gray page issue. I had tried looking at it on my iPhone and it displayed odd on it as well but seems to be normal now.

Status
Not open for further replies.