• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

TD's in the Big House

Alien J

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
I don't think I have ever posted a picture of TD that showed his whole cage. To be honest, I was embarrassed because it was way to small for him. It's been a serious concern for me as I want nothing more than TD to be as happy as possible. There wasn't much I could do in our previous RV as it was only 25'. Now, in our new to us RV, I have finally been able to get TD a much larger home.

He went right in and hasn't wanted to leave it. He can actually fly a bit in it. I am loving it. And thrilled that I got it at 52% off!

My only complaint is that I wish there were more horizontal bars. Does anyone make a clip on bar? One that you could clip on from the outside of the cage? If not, someone should!

Here's TD in his old cage:
IMG_20180507_095842053_HDR.jpg
Here's TD in his new cage:
IMG_20180525_104954587_HDR.jpg
Here's the two cages next to each other:
IMG_20180525_112350121.jpg
And here's my happy boy!:
IMG_20180524_172450130_BURST001.jpg

Last edited:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He's such a cutie. :)

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Hes so happy! You are a good mama

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Lucky TD!

nu2birds

Real Name
Kurt
First of all TD is adorable........and what a lucky little birdy to get to go RVing! I have been toying with the idea of getting a teardrop camper, one that is 6' wide. If I do get one, I will want to get a travel cage to bring my birds with me. In a teardrop, I would only be camping for the weekend or maybe a long weekend..........no month long travels. But I'm thinking it might be really fun.

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Great new set up! And don’t be embarrassed about the first cage. We do the best we can for them, as we can. TD is a lucky bird. :grouphug2:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Don’t worry about the cage bars. I find that my guys all manage to climb the sides even without the extra horizontal bars.

TD:heart:

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
Thanks everybody! TD had his first"Gotcha Day" on the 19th. I looked back at some of the videos I had taken. I had hoped to keep a video diary of TD's fight for life and the different stuggles and joys rv'ing full-time with your partner, two dogs and a baby cocjcocka. I'm a terrible videographer. I found it difficult to tape and care for TD at the same time. I tried a tripod but we never seemed to be in the picture. On top of that, I really hate seeing myself or hearing my voice on tape. If I could find a video editing app I could use, I'd work something up. I haven't found any that I can figure out. None have any direction. Sometimes it's hard being the president of the TCG!:think1:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Great new set up! And don’t be embarrassed about the first cage. We do the best we can for them, as we can. TD is a lucky bird. :grouphug2:
Totally agree.

Love is the most important element.