• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tau - A Wee Update

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I promised a few members, including @CeciliaZ, that I'd keep peeps up to date with Tau's progress. Now, where to start?
I had some concerns over her weight. On December 23rd she was just 63 grams. Giving her the extra sunflower seeds and egg yolk has raised this to 69 grams today. Going to cut out the extra yolk now from her chop, then start reducing the sunflower seeds when she hits maybe 75 grams.
As she's flightless I've made a few small changes to her cage to help her move about easier, and also get out. There's a rope perch from right outside her door to the budgie cage, where she has her favourite perch in her favourite spot with a clip-on bowl of her favourite chop. Despite her new independence she'll still gladly accept a lift on her daddy's finger - no fuss.
Energy levels have risen tenfold, along with the noise levels. With the many calls she's sharing with us I would swear she was a boy if I didn't know different. She's also calling after me when I leave the room, but not kicking off. Just a few calls then back to whatever she does when I'm not there. She's more interested in the budgies than spending time with dad.
She's chewing as well. She's already half way through a 1inch perch. If you have a conure, that's how bad the chewing is. But still I haven't felt the power of that beak. I dread that day.
And now she has a tail. I knew it was there a while ago because she was preening it but it was still hidden away under her feathers. I can see it now. Darn it's so cute.
December 21st:
_20190108_093608.JPG

Today:
_20190108_093445.JPG
She looks so proud of her new tail :yahoo:

ETA: Looks like she has retained full vision in her right eye.

Last edited:

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
what a cutie shelooks very content :super:

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
She looks great and look at that tail! Happy to hear she is doing well and she has regained her vision. :heart:

Thank you, Dad for taking such great care of her.:)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
She's so pretty. :)

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What a great update.:dance4: She’s so cute with that sweet little tail, and how fantastic that she regained her vision!:heart:

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Yay ! Happy Tau is blossoming into a happy healthy Bridie, thanks to your love and care.
:swoon:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's wonderful news. Great that Tau is doing better.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What an adorable wet chicken!:heart: