• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tapping feet

Ringneck2

Moving in
I will do once she has a nice big one .
We bought them some pellets to mixe them with the seeds they are not impressed . They are throughout everything to dig out the seeds.I got them mango sweet potatoes, spinach, broccoli carrots peppers. She did like the mango.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I only have pellets in my bowls throughout day when transitioning from seeds I put seeds in on a night before bed so they have seeds first thing then change it to pellets for day with seeds in foraging toys worked every time for me they will always chose seeds if that’s what they are use to be if they have to work I’ve found they are more likely to try the pellets even though mine love foraging in toys they have always tried the pellets in bowl

Ringneck2

Moving in
Thank you we will try this too. I am just afraid that they will choose to starve :D

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Thank you we will try this too. I am just afraid that they will choose to starve :D
If you have seeds in foraging toys all time they have that choice too
I use cubes
IMG_8106.png
Seeds in top

Ringneck2

Moving in
I will do once she has a nice big one .
We bought them some pellets to mixe them with the seeds they are not impressed . They are throughout everything to dig out the seeds.I got them mango sweet potatoes, spinach, broccoli carrots peppers. She did like the mango.
Just a quick update about the tapping feet ringneck. Now she is getting much better and she is hardly tapping her feet. I would like to thank everyone who took the time to respond to my query, and the very useful information that you provided me. I think the change to the diet has made the trick.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Just a quick update about the tapping feet ringneck. Now she is getting much better and she is hardly tapping her feet. I would like to thank everyone who took the time to respond to my query, and the very useful information that you provided me. I think the change to the diet has made the trick.
What good healthy stuff has she decided is yummy to eat ?
Great to hear of decreasing in tapping!