• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Tail bobbing?

cheekypie

Walking the driveway
I think my lovebirds may be tail bobbing٫ it's hard to tell because the move around a lot٫ especially when out of the cage. I can't tell but it's hard to get to a vet since its a 30 minute drive٫ and the earliest they can do is a week later٫ I also don't wanna stress them out too much. I will also add a photo of their poop because it makes me worry a bit. It may just be my paranoid self٫ but thats why im asking. Thanks in adavance.

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Do you have a video of the bobbing? Their tails will bob a little when breathing sometimes.

Poop seems normal, what did you find worrying about it? Here is a link for poop info; (handy to keep for reference),

cheekypie

Walking the driveway
For the poop٫ The photo of me holding the paper towel٫ that poop looked slighty like a lime green. Ill probably has trouble shooting a video and getting a good view. I mostly notice it after a small flight. Where ever they land they will sit there for a couple seconds to catch their breath٫ then i notice the tail goinh up and down.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
After a flight it is normal for them to seem winded.

Poop can change based on diet. One off weird poops, unless there is blood, is usually not a cause for concern.

My vet is 90 mins away :p

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
See if you can post a video of the tail bobbing. If you are concerned that something is "off" the best thing to do is take your budgie to the vet. Hope all will be well.

cheekypie

Walking the driveway
Do you have a video of the bobbing? Their tails will bob a little when breathing sometimes.
I can try to film one. I don't know how to attach a video so I will need to know please and thanks.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I don't know how to attach a video so I will need to know please and thanks.
Upload it to youtube, IG, facebook, vimeo etc then paste the link

cheekypie

Walking the driveway
Not sure if this will work but here. I will try to get a better video.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Looks fine from what I can see on the video.

As they breathe their tail will bob a slight bit, when relaxing you don´t see it at all.
So when they are out flying, or have been running around or flying in the cage, sometimes playing hard with toys, they are breathing more, like after we go for a jog, and the bobbing is noticable, though it´s still quite slight.

Here is one of my girls bobbing, she laid an egg later that day and this is normal for her; drooped wings, tail bobbing, large egg shape under tail. If you have a boy bobbing this much and fluffy like her, or if they are just relaxing and bobbing this much or more, then I would be concerned. I don´t like to judge bobbing out of the cage, If I think something is not right, I house the birds and check in after they´ve settled and relaxed a bit in there.

cheekypie

Walking the driveway
Thanks for the help. My male is completly fine٫ it's the female im worried about. She also sleeps slighty more horizontal than my male.