• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sweetie

fidsmom

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
I have not posted in quite awhile , Of my Senegal Sweetie. I thought she was a girl, But now thinking possibly she is a he, As never laid any eggs. Sweetie I have had since 4 months old, She now is 15.5 years old.For quite a few years, She got along well , with the rest of my flock, But about 2 years ago, all my flock was out, & she went and attacked some of my Quakers. My Quakers are terrified of her, Except my Lovebird. So ever since then, My Quakers and Lovebird come out together, & Sweetie only comes out, when the rest of my Flock are back in their cages safe. I don't have no clue, Why Sweetie attacked them, As my Quakers did nothing to her at all, As I was in the birdroom . When Sweetie is out, She tends to be quite the couch potato. She prefers to either be on her playgym or on me. She is more active in her cage, There is times, she prefers to stay in her cage, So I let her be, & just leave her cage door open. 005.JPG

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
She is very pretty. : )

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Sweetie is very cute!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
very cute!:heart:

fidsmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Saroj12, You are so lucky, That your whole Flock, are able to come out at the same time. I wish Sweetie was able to, But she can't , since she went in attack mode, a few years ago.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine

Cassiopejaz

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daniel
Saroj12, You are so lucky, That your whole Flock, are able to come out at the same time. I wish Sweetie was able to, But she can't , since she went in attack mode, a few years ago.
Its a common problem with Pois unfortunate..I cant have Jack and Toby out of the cage at same time..Toby would attack Jack instantly....when both are in their cage it seems like they accept eachother..but not outside.
Since i bought Jack its been an uphill battle...I have got it to work...but i must Always have an eye on Toby when he is out of cage...or he will instantly fly to Jacks cage and try to bite him.
Jack doesnt Care about Toby...he just want to play with his toys...;)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Sweetie is so cute.

sierraecho89

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Seraphina
Yeah, our little man can be out when other birds are, but they have to be kept far, far away. He is an attack parrot, very territorial.

She's lovely, though!

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I would say she is a female by look. I have a female Senegal who is 10, who I have had all her life, and she has never laid an egg (*knock on wood that this continues*).

Random attack happens. My female Red-bellied would attack my Senegal for no reason, leading to them having separate out of cage time. Same with my Meyer's, the youngest went after the older for no reason so again, different time out of cages. I'm lucky enough that I have some groups where the birds get along, so I don't have to do individual time out for everyone.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sweetie is very cute!
Can never predict when birds will attack others even if they have been together for a long time. My Senegal is fine with other birds but some of my red-bellies bug him so they are not out together.