• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sweetie flew out door - Missing Cockatiel near Troy, Michigan

suileeka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
Posting for @Deej and Sheryl. Their cockatiel, Sweetie, flew out the door today. If you are nearby and can help, please PM me and I will pass along their contact info.

ETA: She was lost on Ellenboro Drive in the 16 Mile and Rochester area. CL post is up now too. HELP! Lost cockatiel bird parrot Contact into is in the listing.

sweetpea.jpg

Last edited:

Shivan

Walking the driveway
I live in Troy, at the 18 mile & Rochester area. I'll definately keep an eye. Where about did the bird get loose from do you know??? There are a ridiculous amount of hawks around here, so this bird needs to be found immediately!!!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hope Sweetie is found quickly. :hug8:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:( oh no!! Come home Sweetie!! Will post this on fb!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
If they have any friends who also own tiels, I'd highly recommend that a friend go for a walk with their tiel(s) in a travel cage to see if they'll call for Sweetie. Wishing them the best of luck in bringing sweetie home :hug8: :hug8: :hug8:

Shivan

Walking the driveway
Just talked to the owner, who is very close to my house. The bird (female named "Sweetie") did have a BFF (a young male tiel) and they've been taking him around looking for her. It's a heartrending situation, as this area is so thick with hawks. The owners are of course, devastated. :(

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Encourage whistling, talking, calls - in short any kind of call/communication that Sweetie would not only hear but recognize. Godspeed Sweetie girl, you've got to listen & come home soon. :hug8: :hug8: :hug8:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
come home Sweetie

Shivan

Walking the driveway
After I put my birds to bed I rode my bike out that way and somehow found the street where she got lost...as I was riding I heard a tiels voice, but it was the owners who had the remaining tiel out in the garage (lit up) in his cage, hoping to lure her back. I feel terrible for them! Anyway, I spoke to them briefly and they gAve me some flyers to put up (they printed a thick stack). So I rode around and put them in the mailboxes they didn't cover (and they covered ALOT) and some local businesses and a vet's office that's very near. Sorry to report I didn't see or hear anything as of yet :( but fortunately she's flighted....I saw a lot of cats lurking around that neighborhood so I hope she's high up. It's dark now (just got home), and unfortunately there are lots of fireworks being blown off as well, compounding the situation. It's a very thickly wooded neighborhood.

Deej

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Deena
Thank you so much for your prayers everyone. We just came in as it's after 11 now and will be up at sunrise tomorrow. As Shivan said, there are so many tall old trees in this area which does mean hawks. Thank you to everyone who posted this everywhere while we were out looking. Her cage is outside and we passed out over 500 fliers now. We will start again in a few hours after trying to sleep. Please say a prayer for our little one, she is such a good bird and we just want her home. Thank you also to Tanya and TMS for offering to come help with the search. Our hearts are just broken.

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hug8: Sending many hugs!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hoping that Sweetie finds her way home.

April