• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sweet potato treats

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
Don't know about birds, but it does look yummy

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I probably wouldn't because of the salt.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I avoid bird food with corn and flax seeds.

Jolene Rice

Strolling the yard
Thanks, he probably wouldn’t try it any way, cause he’s a poop head:rolleyes:

:budgie2:Ziggy :dog4:Eve :dog4:Briar :dog5:Zoey

Familyof12

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Liz
@Jolene Rice yay for checking!! :fairy2: I love this site and the way everyone will respond!

We can't ever give salt to our little ones. The mineral block and what is provided in the veggies, fruit, whole grains, pellets/crumbles and some seed. I also avoid all added oils with seeds. Seeds themselves have a lot of fat and oils aren't bad but they don't need the extra fat. Salt causes kidney failure in birds and what may take our house dogs years to die from it, for birds everything runs much faster and harder in their systems. I avoid all white bread, white rice, sugar, etc. I've heard of some who have fed theirs chips :omg: but I doubt it is common.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
The chips thing! My cockatiel wouldn't eat veggies for a long time, but the first time I ever opened a bag of chips near him I was shocked! He ran to it and tried to grab a piece out of the bag! I was very young and knew much less them so I am ashamed to admit I let him have a bite, he continued to show the greater interest in all human junk food. I think he was fed that a lot in his previous 'home'!

But about the Package, everything has already been said but.. Why is their lime in it?:blink: That is not Healthy for humans nor birds:blink:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Omg never mind, lijm is glue in my language, I got confused! I thought they had put glue in those treats:rofl: