• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sweet 16 gotcha day Alfie!

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Happy sweet 16th gotcha day Alfie!!
I met him and brought him home on Valentine's Day! What a good boy :heart:
IMG_20240214_090232545_MP~2.jpg IMG_20240214_090137628_MP.jpg IMG_20240214_085537372_MP.jpg
pekingese attitude! Will not come inside unless gets treat !!
20210408_124110.jpg 20210408_124112.jpg
loves to act like a cat ! Climbs on tables
20210408_084601.jpg
Alfie has so much personality! He loves to escape so I will chase him . We have had some epic escape chases , he laughing the whole time ! He loves to grab something important and run . My all time favorite is when he grabbed my credit card! He came over holding it like a commercial upright and when he saw my face , ran! When I'm having trouble walking ( can't run after) he just walks , just enough ahead so it's still a chance ! Oh how that hits me in the heart!!
He loves to assist men with home repairs and tools . He always sits guard when I take a shower. He is excellent watch dog who only alerts for true " something not right" loves everyone he meets . He wants to be on his back in your arms being held like a baby .
when my mom met him as a pup , she didn't want to hold him , he climbed into her lap and threw himself onto his back into her arms . Once she was cradling him , she looked up at me and said I he is the perfect size and weight to feel like you are holding a baby . She fell for him then. When ever mom visit or we visit them , he climbs into her lap to be cradled and falls asleep.
Alife became a father to my Oliver at age ten. He was the most gentle and attentive Dad to his 3 sons . He absolutely loved being a father . He is a true gentleman to his love Pixie, her grouchy times are only met with patience, she can do no wrong in his eye .
Alife favorite thing is to remove squeakers from toys with surgical precision. In his youth this was accomplished in mere minutes.

i love you Alfie! Thank you for sharing your life with me :heart:
I'm headed out to pick all his favorites for today. I want this to be one of the most special days of his life , because I don't know how many more we will have

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Awww! Happy sweet 16!

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
He's adorable :heart2: Happy Sweet 16 from me too :starshower1:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Happy sweet 16th gorgeous boy

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:bdayparty:

DesertBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Happy Sweet 16, Alfie! :brthdy:

Toy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awww he's so cute :). Happy 16th Alfie :greet6:

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
IMG_20240214_132035735_MP.jpg IMG_20240214_131818426_MP.jpg
This Alfie panting smile , getting worn out play with new toys!
All pups got one Oliver his son was supposed to get pepper
IMG_20240214_132258067_MP.jpg
But swapping with his mom for the piggy
IMG_20240214_132441735_BURST000_COVER_MP.jpg
IMG_20240214_132604381_BURST000_COVER_MP.jpg
My sweetest old man Alfie is back asleep on top of all his new toys . Yummy special food in belly and already chewed a treat dental bone .
I hope he is up for a walk later , if not I carry him in scooter .

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I should share the hard stuff too, because he became a completely different dog than the pup I brought home. Journeys don't have to start out perfectly, and still can end up amazing!

Alfie I found on Craigslist, after an exhausting search of dog shelters , dog adoption events , even driving 3 hours away to visit shelters and adoption events . I had nervous separation anxiety Ms. Sophia pup of six months of age at the time. Ms. Sophia rejected all those dogs , pups, adults, seniors..until we met Alfie! Oh my goodness love at first sight; the first 4 days home I didn't even get to really interact with Alfie they were so fascinated with each other.

Alfie as shared with my from previous mom,
She was a first time dog owner , she paid a lot of money for Alfie and unbelievably he was sold to her as still nursing pup of 2-3 weeks of age ;!! She has difficulties feeding him as his young age requires, because she was out of the home 14 hrs a day. She kept him in a tiny travel box crate and it was so small he had no place to get away from his poop or pee...she didn't know better, and complained of having to constantly wash him. When I met Alfie he was suffering malnutrition...a huge head and tiny body with wasting hind end and hind end weakness. She was told to feed him very little to keep him small !!!! So he wouldn't grow , and would be teacup size !!! He was under 2 pounds when I got him at 4-5 weeks of age, he probably should have been at least 5 pounds at a guess...

He showed behavior issues right away , extreme food aggression, he would go into a rage ,like to the death rage . Understandable for a starving puppy kept in isolation from such a young age , inky getting 2 bottles 14 hrs apart, and deliberately under fed to keep him small. This food rage took a couple of years to overcome...I still feed him off to the side , and very very rarely ( like once every couple of years he will loose his mind and have a rage but nothing like when he was young ) it's more normal that he can even share a bowl with others .

He would also just have rages random. It pretty bad in the beginning, up untill about six months of age, so bad that I was put under a lot of pressure to rehome him by family and friends. I wouldn't hear of it! I explained his terrible situation when he was literally a helpless puppy. I knew that wasn't his true soul, and we would get past it .

When he became his true self, oh my goodness, what an amazing soul . His true self is so patient so gentle so generous, so humourous so non aggressive, so calm and steady . Everyone fell in love with him then and his compliments always ran to what a gentleman he was . How in the world did I know he would turn out like this? I know I'm gushing over him , it was one of those things you just feel deep inside. They were even more shocked when they found out I kept him intact , he was such a gentleman, he didn't hump , he didn't mark, he didn't try to fight male dogs , not even other intact males.

Alfie was so very special to me , I knew one day I wanted puppies by him. It took ten years to find a female that I wanted that I thought would make amazing puppies with him . My precious Little Pixie! We had one litter of 3 precious boys , and I then I neutered him. I raised the puppies with a lot of care and thought and research. I had them potty trained by 3 weeks! ( btw it was extremely hard to potty train Alfie. That's why he gets a treat every time after going potty outside, it becomes his law and he refuses to come inside unless he gets his treat to these 16 years later) I taught the puppies to swim , and get groomed and nails done and basic commands and walking on leash nice.

I kept Oliver! One went to a lady from my book club took one. The other advertised and interviewed and rejected prospective homes till I found him a dream home. The two new mommies told me repeatedly they were the best dogs they had ever had .bookclub mom had a pool and she was so thrilled that he loved to swim with them and their other 2 big dogs. His 3rd pup found mom , even offered me a lot of money to breed him to pixie again and wanted the whole litter. But that wasn't good for me or Pixie. But makes my heart happy that those 2 pups are so loved by their mommas. I certainly love my sweet Oliver !!

Thank you for letting me share and celebrate my love Alfie!! It's a parrot forum, and I love my birds so very much as you all know!! But I do also love my pack!!

My Alfie oh my Alfie...my heart..so much loss last year ...so much loss coming down the road ...I celebrated with Alfie as much as I could today. It's so hard on my heart how quickly he tires and needs naps . But such a warm heart happy day together, celebrating him . I will keep celebrating every day we have left

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
It's so sad he had such an awful start. Shame on his breeder for giving such bad instructions :banghead: I'm so glad he found a happy home with you :heart2:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a gorgeous boy he is,happiest of birthdays Alfie. Looks like you had a wonderful one :heart:

Shannan

Mayor of the Avenue
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shannan
oh my goodness what a story. He is so gorgeous. I am happy that you have had a long time with him and hope you many many months more....

Spearmint

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Happy gotcha day pretty boy! :heart:

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I should share the hard stuff too, because he became a completely different dog than the pup I brought home. Journeys don't have to start out perfectly, and still can end up amazing!

Alfie I found on Craigslist, after an exhausting search of dog shelters , dog adoption events , even driving 3 hours away to visit shelters and adoption events . I had nervous separation anxiety Ms. Sophia pup of six months of age at the time. Ms. Sophia rejected all those dogs , pups, adults, seniors..until we met Alfie! Oh my goodness love at first sight; the first 4 days home I didn't even get to really interact with Alfie they were so fascinated with each other.

She was a first time dog owner , she paid a lot of money for Alfie and unbelievably he was sold to her as still nursing pup of 2-3 weeks of age ;!! She has difficulties feeding him as his young age requires, because she was out of the home 14 hrs a day. She kept him in a tiny travel box crate and it was so small he had no place to get away from his poop or pee...she didn't know better, and complained of having to constantly wash him. When I met Alfie he was suffering malnutrition...a huge head and tiny body with wasting hind end and hind end weakness. She was told to feed him very little to keep him small !!!! So he wouldn't grow , and would be teacup size !!! He was under 2 pounds when I got him at 4-5 weeks of age, he probably should have been at least 5 pounds at a guess...

He showed behavior issues right away , extreme food aggression, he would go into a rage ,like to the death rage . Understandable for a starving puppy kept in isolation from such a young age , inky getting 2 bottles 14 hrs apart, and deliberately under fed to keep him small. This food rage took a couple of years to overcome...I still feed him off to the side , and very very rarely ( like once every couple of years he will loose his mind and have a rage but nothing like when he was young ) it's more normal that he can even share a bowl with others .

He would also just have rages random. It pretty bad in the beginning, up untill about six months of age, so bad that I was put under a lot of pressure to rehome him by family and friends. I wouldn't hear of it! I explained his terrible situation when he was literally a helpless puppy. I knew that wasn't his true soul, and we would get past it .

When he became his true self, oh my goodness, what an amazing soul . His true self is so patient so gentle so generous, so humourous so non aggressive, so calm and steady . Everyone fell in love with him then and his compliments always ran to what a gentleman he was . How in the world did I know he would turn out like this? I know I'm gushing over him , it was one of those things you just feel deep inside. They were even more shocked when they found out I kept him intact , he was such a gentleman, he didn't hump , he didn't mark, he didn't try to fight male dogs , not even other intact males.

Alfie was so very special to me , I knew one day I wanted puppies by him. It took ten years to find a female that I wanted that I thought would make amazing puppies with him . My precious Little Pixie! We had one litter of 3 precious boys , and I then I neutered him. I raised the puppies with a lot of care and thought and research. I had them potty trained by 3 weeks! ( btw it was extremely hard to potty train Alfie. That's why he gets a treat every time after going potty outside, it becomes his law and he refuses to come inside unless he gets his treat to these 16 years later) I taught the puppies to swim , and get groomed and nails done and basic commands and walking on leash nice.

I kept Oliver! One went to a lady from my book club took one. The other advertised and interviewed and rejected prospective homes till I found him a dream home. The two new mommies told me repeatedly they were the best dogs they had ever had .bookclub mom had a pool and she was so thrilled that he loved to swim with them and their other 2 big dogs. His 3rd pup found mom , even offered me a lot of money to breed him to pixie again and wanted the whole litter. But that wasn't good for me or Pixie. But makes my heart happy that those 2 pups are so loved by their mommas. I certainly love my sweet Oliver !!

Thank you for letting me share and celebrate my love Alfie!! It's a parrot forum, and I love my birds so very much as you all know!! But I do also love my pack!!

My Alfie oh my Alfie...my heart..so much loss last year ...so much loss coming down the road ...I celebrated with Alfie as much as I could today. It's so hard on my heart how quickly he tires and needs naps . But such a warm heart happy day together, celebrating him . I will keep celebrating every day we have left
Thank God you found him! He is so so sweet, I just want to cuddle with him. Give him extra smooches from me. You are truly blessed to have him.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Thank God you found him! He is so so sweet, I just want to cuddle with him. Give him extra smooches from me. You are truly blessed to have him.
Thank you, I feel so blessed to share his life. He overcame his beginnings to become such an amazing guy. I lost most all my early pictures of him and all my puppies pictures.he was so little he slept on my shoulder! He grew to a solid 12 pounds but he is a small guy but solid
But my memories are full !

DesertBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award

What a great story! So glad you found him and were able to give him such a loving home!

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Happy sweet 16 gorgeous!!!! :heart2:

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
What a cute dog! I think he should get extra biscuits!