• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SW Sale Loot! [Part Two: PPBN and the Birdsafe Store]

Status
Not open for further replies.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Thanks to Barbi from PPBN for this AWESOME order!!

The box is chock full of perches with hardware and "swing" perches (going to make my birds some swing!!) in ocotillo, elm, pecan, red willow, and willow... tons and tons of coins and chews, regular and jumbo (pictured are willow, ocotillo, and cottonwood), and lots of samples too!! Lola is an ocotillo FIEND so I have another order of 5 lbs coming in the mail...

Charles and Lola each got two cholla perches in appropriate sizes, and as you can see, Charles is loving his :)

I know the Birdsafe Store wasn't participating in the SW Sale, but I got some great things that I wanted to share anyway!!

Lots of super soft agave-- Charles's favorite, as well as some side mounts to put them on.

A custom double-ended ribbonwood perch for Lola's cage, as well as a HUGE grapewood perch! I'm actually having trouble hanging it as it sags because it is so heavy :( Anybody have any ideas?

A smaller size grapewood perch, which Lola loves!

This cool ribbonwood perch! Lola likes to nap on it :)

The extra-wide stainless steel shelf, electropolished and double-welded!

Some awesome skewers, washers, toy hangers, and of course, the 46 oz FOREVER bowl. (Actually there are a few more skewers but they're in use :o:)

This AWESOME hanging grapewood perch-- I added an SS swivel to it so that it spins 360 degrees!! Not quite a flyer but it will do for now :o:

This snuggly little fleece pom pom for Charles, which he likes to snuggle :)

And in case you missed Part One, here it is: http://forums.avianavenue.com/toys-...y-delayed-sws-sale-loot-part-one-gf-toys.html

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Oh wow, awesome hauls, in both orders!! lucky birdies. :)

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What an awesome haul! I love all the perches most of all. I think I will definatly be getting a ribbon wood perch like Lola's and I loved that smaller grapewood perch, and that huge one is awesome.

Last edited:

trout

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bobby
i really really like that ribbon wood perch, what store did that come from?

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Thanks everybody :D Lola, Charles, and I are so happy!

What an awesome haul! I love all the perches most of all. I think I will definatly be getting a ribbon wood perch like Lola's and I loved that smaller grapewood perch, and that huge one is awesome.
Thank you!! Yes... I am obsessed with *cool* perches. The ribbonwood one is GREAT and I love that it bolts twice. Makes it VERY sturdy. I think Lola likes the sturdiness while she roosts.

i really really like that ribbon wood perch, what store did that come from?
Thanks! That's from the Birdsafestore.com. :)

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Wow love that ribbonwood perch and the "hanging" perch.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Where are you using the hanging perch? Your pic is much better, they need a better pic on their site but the prices are really good!

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Where are you using the hanging perch? Your pic is much better, they need a better pic on their site but the prices are really good!
Thanks!! Yeah, I think it's GREAT, it's like an economy flyer :o: I'm hanging it from the ceiling, it's actually QUITE large and I don't think would fit in most birds' cages.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat

Thanks!! Yeah, I think it's GREAT, it's like an economy flyer :o: I'm hanging it from the ceiling, it's actually QUITE large and I don't think would fit in most birds' cages.
Oh wow. Well I will keep that in mind when I get to start my birdroom. It looks very nice. Would love to see pictures when you have it hanging. They really need to put better pics on their site. I bet they would sell a lot of them. If I hadnt seen your picture, I probably wouldnt have given it a second look.:D

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Coco, I had the same problem with a huge perch we bought for Wasabi - it was very very heavy to hang at a height where I wanted it. We ended up putting it just a couple feet off the cage floor, and doubled up on the washers.

Maybe you could tie rope to each end of the perch, tie that to the bars (like in a corner) and hang it that way? I don't know if that will work, but I think I have seen similar set ups. I'm no engineer, so I hope someone has a better idea.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Coco, I had the same problem with a huge perch we bought for Wasabi - it was very very heavy to hang at a height where I wanted it. We ended up putting it just a couple feet off the cage floor, and doubled up on the washers.

Maybe you could tie rope to each end of the perch, tie that to the bars (like in a corner) and hang it that way? I don't know if that will work, but I think I have seen similar set ups. I'm no engineer, so I hope someone has a better idea.
Oh, good idea!! I had it down low at first... but it kept getting soiled :( I will have to try tying it up in some way. Thank you!!

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I had the same problem with my grapevine cage top perch. I wrapped a rope perch around it so it would stay up. :)

Attachments

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Thanks Allison. I will have to get more creative!!

SDavies

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
woweeeeeeeeeeee :D what a collection! someone has been shopping :D love the toys and perches, love it all!
now if only i could get stuff like here, i'd be in heaven!

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Again, what a great haul!

rikkitikki

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
Oh my gosh, I LOVE the grapewood, I'm so jealous and I'm not a bird?! :lol:
I hope you post pictures of this stuff in her cage once it's all setup...

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Wow, awesome haul! Love that ribbonwood perch. Now its on my must-haves list :)

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:omg::omg: Fabulous goodies!!! I LOVE IT ALL!! oops the caps were a mistake but I'm leaving it because I really really love it all :rofl:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Great looking stuff! The birds look like they love it too.:cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.