• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Suzanna

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
20160408_085753.jpg 20150617_161308.jpg 20150617_161343.jpg 20150307_100828.jpg @Percy&Ivan here are the Suzanna Fred pictures you asked for and her story. I am sorry but the pictures are not current. They are from Feb 2015 and June 2015. She is current much darker almost brown. Hopefully my husband will help me get current pictures this weekend.

Suzanna was a very lucky find. July 2014 my Siberian Husky Rosalinda died suddenly. Most likely a complication of heart worm. The vet guessed stroke since she had shown no sign of any illness in spite of being heart worm positive. We were waiting on the medication to treat her when she died. It looked like she had died in the middle of playing.

We had an elderly male Siberian named Wolfgang who had never been an only dog and who howled continuously when Rose passed. We had to board Wolfgang at the vets so she could keep him lightly sedated due to complaints from the neighbors. Even after explaining to all the neighbors what had happened and what was going on there were several calls to the police about his howling.

So I started a search for another Siberian. I wanted a female to increase the chances of them getting along. I wasn't looking for a puppy. Most of the Siberians I found were several hundred dollars which I couldn't afford at that time. Well on Craigslist I found a 9 month old female Siberian Husky they were asking $250 dollars. I asked if they would accept $200 as that was the maximum I could swing at that time. I talked to the owner for about an hour. It seems they were going to relocate to Paris, France were her husbands family was from. Her brother took their other dog but couldn't accommodate the Husky. Her mom had a couple small dogs that the Husky didn't like. They had already put off leaving twice because they didn't want to take her to a shelter. I picked her up the next day. She and Wolfgang got along well immediately.

The Siberian Husky I found in a rush and brought home just 4 days after losing my little Rose turned out to be the best dog one could ask for. Sweet, gentle, quiet, loving and easily trainable. And she got along with my old man Wolfgang and gave him the doggy companionship he needed. Wolfie passed of old age in January 2015. He started having trouble getting up when he lay down and we knew it was time to let him go.

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Suzanna is beautiful! :heart: Red huskies really are stunning.

I'm so sorry for your losses, plenty of hugs to you. It's never easy to loose a pet. :sadhug2:

Rolanda

She is BEAUTIFUL!:heart:

Percy&Ivan

Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
How did I miss this! Thank you so much!
She is stunning! And such a great story!:heart:
I love huskies:xflove:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
That was why I tagged you a 2nd time. You were the one who asked for them.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Thanks everyone. She is a sweetheart.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
She's beautiful - it looks like she has one blue and one brown eye?

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
She has one blue eyes and one parti-eye(part blue and part brown).
She's beautiful - it looks like she has one blue and one brown eye?