• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Suspicious Growth on Bird's Eye

Chris0445

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Chris
Hi, I'm new to this forum. A couple of months ago (2, maybe? I don't remember precisely.) I saw a little growth on my bird's eye. At the time it was small and looked like a bit of seed, so I ignored it. Over time it grew (slow increase until maybe last week when it grew into the size in the picture). There's no avian vets around the area, and I don't have much money for the only avian vet I could find. She's recently been biting, avoiding coming out of her cage, sleeping a lot, rarely sings like she used to, stays in dark spots of her cage (covered as an attempt to keep her warm) as well as minor shivers but I think that's because of the weather rather than being sick (though I can't say for sure). She's still more or less eating well.

Yesterday when I checked up on her (and still today again) it seems to have shrunk massively since the picture and the colour is much more similar to when it first appeared (like the bone around her eye) rather than a greenish yellow like in the picture.
I suspect it'll be shrinking more, or at least I hope it will be, but I wanted to ask to see if anyone recognises anything like it just from the picture and the description of her behavior. I can take another photo of the current state if needed.

P.S: Her name is Sparticus and she's roughly 5 years old. She's on a diet of only seeds, but I'm planning on changing it to include pellets and some veggies. 38227594_487205651727784_7202021553884626944_n.jpg

Max83

Walking the driveway
I don't know What can be in the eye but please try to take her to the vet, maybe she only needs antibiotic so not so expansive. It could be an infection.
Ask the vet the price for the visit by phone first explaining a little the situation.

At least if you don't want to change her diet to pellet right now add some vegetables even simple things like carrots, apples, mais and salad... this can make difference.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's good that it's shrinking but you should still consider taking her to the vet. Could be a cyst, infection, maybe scaly face (???), or who knows. Best to get a diagnosis and have it treated.