• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sushi and Hamachi/Ponyo are settling in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
They are doing so well now! They use the small glass bowl in the tank for their bed and I get a big kick out of turning the lights on in the morning and seeing them sleeping in it. Maybe I should get a couple of pillows for them...or a bunk bed! They go in it during the day when they want to rest. It is really adorable!

The smaller air pump (Whisper 10) solved the water current problem and they are enjoying playing with the bubbles. :fish2:

They had frozen brine shrimp with spirulina for breakfast and wow they really devoured it! Sushi (smaller one) seems to be the more aggressive eater not letting any morsel pass him by while Hamachi/Ponyo is more of a relaxed/casual eater. I have to watch to make sure he gets his fair share and Sushi doesn't get too much. So far no floating problems after eating.

They like the tank setup and play in the fake plants, etc. Ruby and i sit in front of the tank and the Diva will tilt her head back and forth 'Ohhng' at them. :D

I'm going to see if I can borrow a camera from a friend to get better pics than the cell phone.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am glad that they are bringing you so much joy!

Matt

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I am so happy for you! You finally made it to this point! Wasn't the wait so worth it.:heart:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Yes, it was well worth the wait. I would recommend fishless cycling for everyone setting up a new tank! Thanks for all your help.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
I am so glad they're doing ok!! They are such amazing characters! I absolutely adore my goldies! Jer is convinced that they know who I am (the person who feeds them). When he goes up to the tank they don't react. When I come- they go nuts :)

I love their lil faces :)

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Joanna, i'm getting such a kick out of them! They are already reacting when I go up to the tank and when I have my hand/arm in the water fixing something they nibble on me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.