• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sun conure

Valzie

Moving in
Real Name
Val mongue
So we have made skittles and chano a few toys from my sons shirts and he played with the toys first as they began to play with them he put them in their cages. Chano loves them but she loves almost all her toys, skittles the one we named still no luck, he is trying different materials to use and see if she wants to play.

She has made some progress in letting me get her back in her cage. I am using a piece of her favorite cracker and she will go to her cage when she sees it.

Today I brought her and chano downstairs in their travel cages and put them on their hangers while I cleaned and listened to an audio book. Skittles at first flipped out but once she saw me and nobody was running through the rooms she was very good and just hung out with me all afternoon.

So baby steps but success

NirAntae

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jennie
That's how progress is made with birds... teeny tiny baby steps. After all, they only have teeny tiny feet to make steps. ;)

Seriously, though, that's great progress for just a couple of days.

Try hanging bits of millet or crackers or whatever she like to eat on the toys. That's how I had to get my last parrotlet interested in new toys.