• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sun Conure Egg Laying

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
What's the usual time between mating and the beginning of egg laying ? Two to three days ? I caught my pair having a good time yesterday. Just wondering what I should expect to see the beginning of egg laying.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well, the pair laid 3 eggs. I've left them alone for the most part, but they are high strung and come rushing out of the nest box for any little noise. I would have left them alone entirely, but I discovered the female had partially opened the door at the bottom of the next box, so I figured I would check the eggs while they were out screaming at me. Twenty - twenty five days in and none of them were fertile. I fixed the door so she could't open it from the inside and while they were distracted I removed the eggs.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Twenty - twenty five days in and none of them were fertile.
That is wonderful news because they/you shouldn't really be trying to breed them "just because you can".

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
That is wonderful news because they/you shouldn't really be trying to breed them "just because you can".
Many here are quite vocal about anyone breeding "just because you can". Anyone who doesn't know that should spend more time reading.

Tiels36

Sitting on the front steps
Some people have done research and tried everything thing they can, just because they ask a question doesn't mean that can't breed birds at all. I believe you should help people that need some advice not knock them. They may not be breeding "just because they can" they may be breeding because they have a love for parakeets and like to share the joy and also be a part of something, they may be breeding because they want to get into the business. We all had to start somewhere.JHMO

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Some people have done research and tried everything thing they can, just because they ask a question doesn't mean that can't breed birds at all. I believe you should help people that need some advice not knock them. They may not be breeding "just because they can" they may be breeding because they have a love for parakeets and like to share the joy and also be a part of something, they may be breeding because they want to get into the business. We all had to start somewhere.JHMO
Sorry no. Nobody should be breeding parrots for any reason. Especially for business. For the birds sake.

Reactions: Jas

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry no. Nobody should be breeding parrots for any reason. Especially for business. For the birds sake.
Personally, I would rather see reasonable breeding rather than people taking birds from the wild. People who have no clue what they are doing shouldn't be breeding. I know there are people in Arizona who breed solely for quantity, not quality. For them it's about getting the quick cash return. That's not a reason to breed any animal.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Personally, I would rather see reasonable breeding rather than people taking birds from the wild. People who have no clue what they are doing shouldn't be breeding. I know there are people in Arizona who breed solely for quantity, not quality. For them it's about getting the quick cash return. That's not a reason to breed any animal.
Sorry. No again. Parrots belong in the wild living how they are meant to. Not subjected to human vanity, self indulgence, self centeredness, entitlement and ignorance.

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry. No again. Parrots belong in the wild living how they are meant to. Not subjected to human vanity, self indulgence, self centeredness, entitlement and ignorance.
All of those things are destroying the natural habitats they live in - however, we are all entitled to our personal opinions.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
All of those things are destroying the natural habitats they live in - however, we are all entitled to our personal opinions.
Yes. Humans are "racing" to exploit and destroy this planet as fast as they can.