• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Success!

BirdEE

Walking the driveway
I posted a previous thread where I was talking about him HATING water when we brought him home. Well I’ve been working with him and slowly introducing him to the shower over the past few months. I’m happy to say I have a fully wet cockatoo. He hasn’t fully opened his wings taking it in. But he’s perfectly happy with his whole body under the shower head while he tries his best to drink the falling water.

Since it’s winter time I don’t want to let him drip dry so I turned on the hair dryer to see how he would react. He didn’t care about the noise. So I slowly showed him it blew air. He LOVED it. Maybe it feels like he’s flying through the air? Haha I don’t know.

And since there’s nothing cuter than a wet cockatoo. :)

5838B0C7-3E34-4BEF-B347-0647C18BE3AD.jpeg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Congrats! I agree- wet 'toos are adorable.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
...he's getting to be more and more like Milton...wait until he starts talking to the soap...Milty does it all the time...;)

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
That’s great he likes showers now. :dance4: He’s such a handsome boy!:heart: Soon he’ll be singing in the shower lol!:laugh:

BirdEE

Walking the driveway
...he's getting to be more and more like Milton...wait until he starts talking to the soap...Milty does it all the time...;)
Hahaha. I remember some of your threads with Milton talking to the soap. So funny!