• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Stray Bird

Birdiee

Checking out the neighborhood
HI, i have joined the forum hoping i can get some help
I have recently came across a bird/pigeon hiding from the rain that looked dirty and wet, it didnt fly away so i seen her eyes are covered with some yellow stuff
I thought those are her eyelids shut and that she cant open her eyes, it was all wet and some ants were crawling on it
I found a box and brought it with me home hoping i can save it somehow
I have brought it to a vet nearby and asked if the bird can be saved and that i cant afford to spend too much on lab tests and detailed investigations
The vet soaked a bit the eyes with water and then procced to remove the whole yellow stuff that it was actually a crust
She ten gave me a cream Amacin and some power antibiotic to feed it once a day
The eyes didnt get much better and i have asked another vet if can help me with some drops maybe that could help more and i got Maxitrol
He said i should put the drops as often as i could at 1h intervals, but i work and cant nurse the bird all the time

it has been about 5 days, the eyes dont seem to get better
One eye i can see some white thing covering the base
I could not wash it away with the saline drops even tho it looks like it could be removed
The other eye is better and can see with
The bird eats by itself and that gave me hopes that it could somehow recover

The bird has dirty feathers, i assume it could not fly for a long time since it could not see much
Everytime i apply the cream or the drops it will shake and somtime rub the head and the eyes on it back feathers as a itchy scratch
I worry that the feathers beeing dirty it causes infection also

Should i was the bird with soap?
There are alot of details to talk about but would be such a long post for everyone to read

I have spent 100$ on it so far and i cant afford to keep bring it to the vet so often but i would like to help it

If anyone is kind enough to get in touch with me and guide me a bit in how to care better for this bird i would appreciate it so much
Maybe we could exchange phone numbers and use whatsapp messages or call if thats allowed here or if anyone is comfortable with that

Thank you all for your time and for any little help u could provide

Attachments

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Whereabouts are you located? Perhaps we can help you find a wildlife rescue and rehabilitation near you that can offer you more help.

Birdiee

HI, i live in Singapore, thank you for considering to help out!

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm afraid I don't know Singapore but I've tried searching and found this organisation

Wildlife Rescue - Acres

They seem to mainly focus on native animals, but if you give them a call they'll probably be able to recommend somewhere or someone who can help you.

Thank you for helping this pigeon. You have a kind heart :)

Birdiee

I'm afraid I don't know Singapore but I've tried searching and found this organisation

Wildlife Rescue - Acres

They seem to mainly focus on native animals, but if you give them a call they'll probably be able to recommend somewhere or someone who can help you.

Thank you for helping this pigeon. You have a kind heart :)
That looks promising somehow, i will call them tmr and see if anyone can help
Thank you !!