• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Storm, the sweetest budgie I ever met

Big Badeepie

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Victor
About a month ago, right before we moved to a new place, we lost Storm, our sweet, cuddle loving blue budgie. Honestly not sure if I'm even over it yet or if I'm just pushing on like I always do. She was old and we knew it was coming, I went in the bird room we had at the old place to feed everybirdie one morning and, there she was. She looked like she just laid down and went to sleep. I had just loved on her the evening before and she was as affectionate as ever and even took a few laps around the room, she loved flying.

She would rest on my arm when I wasn't feeling well (I have a lot of health problems) and would snuggle right up to me and I would place my hand over her so she was nice and comfy and just kiss on her and groom her little feathers with my nails as she cleaned my chin and kissed back. She acted more like a cuddly conure than any budgie I've ever known. I think I cried off and on for three days straight, I loved that little bird.

All I can say is it seemed to be a peaceful passing, she showed no signs of distress. It was seriously like she just nestled down in front her food dish, went to sleep and didn't wake up.

Rest in the sweetest of peace my old girl and may we meet again in the next life. IMG_0516.jpg

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
I am so sorry for your loss :sorrow::sadhug:

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
:sadhug2:I'm so sorry.....

I can tell she was a wonderful friend and I know you held a special place in each others' hearts.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Its a very sad thing to loose a feathered friend. Sadly, budgies do not live as long as some other species. I have 2 wonderful English budgie males that are a heart throb. One of the reasons I got them is because of a short life span as I am an older person and it would not be fair to get a long living bird species. Are you going to get another budgie?
Storm was very pretty.

MnGuy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I'm so sorry for your loss. Beautiful bird.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm very sorry for your loss.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
About a month ago, right before we moved to a new place, we lost Storm, our sweet, cuddle loving blue budgie. Honestly not sure if I'm even over it yet or if I'm just pushing on like I always do. She was old and we knew it was coming, I went in the bird room we had at the old place to feed everybirdie one morning and, there she was. She looked like she just laid down and went to sleep. I had just loved on her the evening before and she was as affectionate as ever and even took a few laps around the room, she loved flying.

She would rest on my arm when I wasn't feeling well (I have a lot of health problems) and would snuggle right up to me and I would place my hand over her so she was nice and comfy and just kiss on her and groom her little feathers with my nails as she cleaned my chin and kissed back. She acted more like a cuddly conure than any budgie I've ever known. I think I cried off and on for three days straight, I loved that little bird.

All I can say is it seemed to be a peaceful passing, she showed no signs of distress. It was seriously like she just nestled down in front her food dish, went to sleep and didn't wake up.

Rest in the sweetest of peace my old girl and may we meet again in the next life. View attachment 248776
I'm very sorry for your loss. No matter the size of the bird or the species, when they give us their hearts it makes them part of us. You'll meet when you've crossed Rainbow Bridge and you'll be cuddling together again. I realize it is small consolation right now but I'd like you to know that you are one of many a parront who has/have heart bird(s) across Rainbow Bridge.

upload_2017-4-28_10-6-32.png

Rainbow Bridge is for all of our beloved companion creatures who've left the world we live in. So, if you ever had other companion creatures growing up, prepare yourself to be knocked down when you cross Rainbow Bridge.

Last edited:

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So sorry for your loss :sorrow:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
so sorry for your loss

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Very sorry about the loss of Storm.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
i am very sorry for your loss

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry for your loss.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:sadhug2:Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss, Storm seemed like a very special bird.:sorrow:

Big Badeepie

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Victor
Thanks everyone. She was a special little girl, sweetest little voice and such a little explorer. She would land in the oddest places then look at me like "OK, I don't know what to do now, come save me Daddy!"

I don't plan to get another budgie, I try to avoid those with shorter life spans because I'm still pretty young, almost 30, and I really can't take the loss so well thus I tend to look for longer lived, lifetime companions. I had actually never planned on getting Storm, I was looking for a green cheek or senegal when I saw her and just fell completely in love with her. I knew the short life span meant I wouldn't have as much time with her as I wanted but what can you do when a little bird grabs your heart so firmly?

Oh I fully expect to be mobbed at the rainbow bridge. Growing up on the ranch I formed such close bonds, from the horses, a few cows, mostly the ducks, geese, chickens, pheasants and guinea, plus a number of dogs and cats. Imma have a mixed herd and flock waiting for me there and I know it. But I do love animals, any kind, birds are the ones I tend towards these days due to their free will and intelligence, they're perpetual 3 year olds after all, but I have a deep love for all animals so not surprising I got so close to the ones on the ranch since I was their primary caretaker.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm so sorry for your loss, fly free Storm.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I am so sorry for your loss.

Wings Forever High, Storm....