• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Stool Status

tameem

Meeting neighbors
(I don't know where to put this, so mods can put it wherever appropriate if this isn't)
(FYI: My timezone is GMT+3)

"Again" meaning I took my cockatiel to a vet this Oct 2nd because of stool/poop suspicions (notably seeds in stool, bubbles in stool, the vet noticed diarrhea too). "Saturday" because free follow-up.
No drastic behavioral changes or anything just concerned about the stools. Took pictures of stool beforehand.

The vet gave me two medications for my bird, the gentamicina and total solucion oral which are both from Tabernil. (Question, is Tabernil any good? I've researched it and it seems to be a popular brand in Spanish-speaking countries but I can't find much internet opinions on it.)

(Alright, read this carefully)
I'm supposed to give my bird 4 drops/40ml of gentamicina for 5 days and 8 drops/40ml of total solucion oral for 30 days.
I was told to follow this: Gentamicina itself for 3 days --> Gentamicina + Total solucion oral for 2 days... transition period I guess? --> Total solucion itself for 28 days.
Ever since then, I've been taking pictures more often of my bird's stools for inspection.

Currently on the gentamicina + total solucion phase, no signs of seeds or bubbles so far.
But now the two possibly concerning things were the one time the stringy stool being hung from the vent (never happened again), and the one time where the stool was very reddish-brown on camera (was also kinda stringy but not hung). I've messaged the vet about the latter with pics and vet said let the 5 days run it's course + could be the medicine, but no such stool happened again. Maybe too early to judge? I dunno.

Anyway, do y'all think all of this is a good idea?
Anything I should say to my vet?

Just basically need reassurance/better solution/whatever. I'm sick myself (precautions + minimal contact with bird) and I need to get off the mental weight off my back. Kind of worried about my bird you see.

One more question, is it fine to replace my bird's usual drinking water with the one that has medications? (I put it in a teacup so my bird doesn't bathe in it haha)

Tony’s Mom

Meeting neighbors
Bump. Wish I could help…but best of luck on Saturday with the vet!!!

tameem

Meeting neighbors
Bump. Wish I could help…but best of luck on Saturday with the vet!!!
Heh, thanks. I guess the majority of this forum are from the US so not everyone is up yet xd

tameem

Meeting neighbors
Currently on the gentamicina + total solucion phase, no signs of seeds or bubbles so far.
Ah dang it scratch that.... still bubbles in stool. Atleast no seeds in stool but bubbles are worth bringing up to the vet again.

Last edited:

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I'm not knowing doses ,but gentamycin was popular years ago. Don't know anything in other med,so Google would tell me the same as you. I've so many projects currently, but plan on organizing my avian medicine references ,both for myself and to be more helpful with others.

It's definitely great to take advantage of following up with veterinarian, yay vet for offering this! Things change and response and tweaking meds is common when treating critters.

I ve only used doxycycline in water as their only water with great success. If you are worried about decrease drinking watch the urates and liquid portion of stool to reassure them are drinking ( I rarely see any of mine drinking they are sneaky!)

Some of the best support for sick birds is husbandry. I'd say at least half of successful recovery is husbandry support.

This is added warmth for sick or injured birds , beyond standard room temp , the aim is 85-90f .I prefer a radiant heat source for this , and swear by sweeter heater as found on Amazon. Or at farm stores, the little chicks radiant heat panel. Being sure they can move away from warmth , for down birds being sure they don't over heat. It's extremely important support, and should be one of the first things done. Bird natural body temp is around 110f and it takes a lot of energy to maintain that . Saving them thst energy ( calories) to fight and recover.

The next is calories. Weigh duck birds daily , weightloss can be rapid and change during treatment. It takes at least double to five times base calories needed to fight infection or for healing from injuries. One of my vets favorite sayings is sick birds get whatever they want to to eat . Within reason as you definitely want to avoid sugary foods . And it's better if they are getting nutritional foods. But eating a d getting calories in its almost anything they will take. Seeds, millet spray, treat sticks . They do need a little more protein, I like boiled or scrambled egg, a little boiled chicken, nuts. But my go to is baby bird formula, it's often well tolerated, it's warm, it's complete nutrition, easy to digest, and most already have added probiotics. And it will provide all the moisture they need even if not drinking because they feel bad. Can be given once a day in support if still eating other gods on their own . Most adults prefer it made thicker than directions for making it for babies. Thick like Greek yogurt For those reading this with well birds, get some and have it be something they've already learned to take and enjoy before it's needed. keep in mind adult crops don't stretch like a baby bird . For a quaker size bird ( 100-125 grams) it's around 7 ml per feeding give and take based on individual, 4 times a day if it's the only food you are getting into them. Once or twice a day as support calories.

Cage rest , only out for cuddly time with you otherwise consider them to be in the hospital. I'm always shocked to hear of those with sick or injured birds having them out of cage flying around. And hearing how they are weak , or falling asleep. They are sick or injured, they need their rest and to conserve calories. You don't want them doing the hard wired behavior of trying to pretend everything is alright and burning up those calories to do so . Don't need to cover cage and make dark that's not natural for them and will decrease eating.

And lastly on husbandry is cleanliness. Extra paper changes for those with messy poop issues, decrease thst bacteria, fungal, viral load in the environment.

tameem

Meeting neighbors
I'm not knowing doses ,but gentamycin was popular years ago. Don't know anything in other med,so Google would tell me the same as you. I've so many projects currently, but plan on organizing my avian medicine references ,both for myself and to be more helpful with others.

It's definitely great to take advantage of following up with veterinarian, yay vet for offering this! Things change and response and tweaking meds is common when treating critters.
Thanks for your attempt to help and encouragement. I don't know how everything you said after water-drinking part (think you've spilled your project here) helps my situation but I hope my feedback helps. :D

If you are worried about decrease drinking watch the urates and liquid portion of stool to reassure them are drinking ( I rarely see any of mine drinking they are sneaky!)
My bird drinks and gladly drinks in front of me, but this time sometimes I have to offer it to her with my hand since it does not know how to deal with the teacup heh

Some of the best support for sick birds is husbandry. I'd say at least half of successful recovery is husbandry support.
Hmm, could you define husbandry in this case?

This is added warmth for sick or injured birds , beyond standard room temp , the aim is 85-90f
I think this is the part where I have to say that I live in a rather hot country (Bahrain). Funnily enough that range is literally our standard room temps without AC (don't worry AC isn't directly on the bird). But it does become humid.

I prefer a radiant heat source for this , and swear by sweeter heater as found on Amazon. Or at farm stores, the little chicks radiant heat panel.
Hmm... something to think about. But I feel like this might be overkill? My bird does hide in a spot where it's warm enough. Maybe if a couple of people here vouch I'd consider it, but I would leave someone like a vet to handle this kinda thing. Otherwise I can just leave our AC off, though it won't be ideal for us. Move it to a room rarely anybody goes to I guess? But I doubt this is the kind of situation where I have to do this.

Being sure they can move away from warmth , for down birds being sure they don't over heat. It's extremely important support, and should be one of the first things done. Bird natural body temp is around 110f and it takes a lot of energy to maintain that . Saving them thst energy ( calories) to fight and recover.
Ah, is where your definition of husbandry starts?

The next is calories. Weigh duck birds daily
What do you mean by duck birds?

weightloss can be rapid and change during treatment
I mean, aside from a vet visit (at a different clinic) because one of the eyes got injured (idk the weight but vet said bird was healthy overall aside from injury), I don't weigh my bird (I don't have pet weight scales (I really should get one lol, idk if our human one will suffice and I can't be bothered when sick) but I can ask vet to do it for me, thanks for the reminder), but it does look the same as ever.

Thick like Greek yogurt For those reading this with well birds, get some and have it be something they've already learned to take and enjoy before it's needed.
Wait, aren't birds lactose intolerant? If they are not as what I think, I guess I can give it in little amounts like you said but I dunno if this solves anything here.

Cage rest , only out for cuddly time with you otherwise consider them to be in the hospital. I'm always shocked to hear of those with sick or injured birds having them out of cage flying around. And hearing how they are weak , or falling asleep. They are sick or injured, they need their rest and to conserve calories. You don't want them doing the hard wired behavior of trying to pretend everything is alright and burning up those calories to do so . Don't need to cover cage and make dark that's not natural for them and will decrease eating.
Small issue.... bird's kind of an extrovert. I only put it in a cage for like vet visits or temporary room changes but otherwise it's out 24/7, mostly on my table or chair. If it's sick or injured (after vet visit of course just in case) I'll gladly let it rest anywhere and I won't bother it.
Besides, my bird still has the same energy especially changing places all the dang time, screaming, always goes away from me next to my mother on the couch if she brings any food (even ones not good for the bird I tell her not to feed these). My bird is also especially annoying and persistent like usual. I think it's safe to say it's only the possible digestion issues.

tameem

Meeting neighbors
Alright, I'm going today in a few hours (probably 4 pm at latest since it closes at 5pm). Again, aside from my own concerns, is there anything concerning about what's happening? Anything I should bring up to my vet?

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I think you've missed what I've said and highlighted my typos. Greek yogurt thickness of baby bird formula. Tho yogurt is safe for parrots , and in numerous parrot foods lists and articles, and I've fed it for over 20 years. And I found very effective in combat of digestive issues of my birds on antibiotics. No artificial sweeteners tho !

Ya , supportive warmth is that important. I'm sure you can easily find many articles on this so I'm not going to waste my time and clutter your thread.

Birds are hardwired to hide signs of illness. They will expend tons of energy to do this untill they can't. By the time you see what people think of classic " sick bird" symptoms like being lethargic and fluffed they are usually 24 hours from death . That's why you hear so many stories of my bird was fine and playing then dead. Or death being the only symptom, of what has been a very sick bird .

A digital kitchen scale is cheap , and easy way to monitor weight. Nearly all sick birds will drop weight, often well in advance of any symptoms. You can't visualize 10% weight loss . It's been a life saver for me and mine , catching issues early , leading to quick treatment and recovering. Tracking weight during treatment, has let my veterinarian make adjustments to medication or changes to medication, and adjusting support calories. Cheap, minimum effort, excellent way to monitor health.

Veterinarian care, diagnosis and treatments are a priority. Husbandry/home nursing is a very close second.

tameem

Meeting neighbors
Greek yogurt thickness of baby bird formula
Ah alright my bad, that's better.

Tho yogurt is safe for parrots , and in numerous parrot foods lists and articles, and I've fed it for over 20 years. And I found very effective in combat of digestive issues of my birds on antibiotics. No artificial sweeteners tho !
Alright but what you mentioned in specific is probably hard to find here. Even then tbh research is kind of conflicting when it comes feeding birds yogurt, so I would rather not take chances. I'll gladly take the baby bird formula over yogurt if it offers the same benefits.

Ya , supportive warmth is that important.
Again, could I achieve the same results with a room that has AC off? Would oil-filled radiators in the same room suffice? The reason why I'm skeptical is because according to a quick search on this forum you're almost the sole one who recommends it.

Birds are hardwired to hide signs of illness. They will expend tons of energy to do this untill they can't. By the time you see what people think of classic " sick bird" symptoms like being lethargic and fluffed they are usually 24 hours from death . That's why you hear so many stories of my bird was fine and playing then dead. Or death being the only symptom, of what has been a very sick bird .
Fair enough, but no don't worry I'm not relying on just classic symptoms (I know that's not ideal). I mean hey this thread is a big example (taking my bird to vet because of stool).

A digital kitchen scale is cheap , and easy way to monitor weight. Nearly all sick birds will drop weight, often well in advance of any symptoms. You can't visualize 10% weight loss . It's been a life saver for me and mine , catching issues early , leading to quick treatment and recovering. Tracking weight during treatment, has let my veterinarian make adjustments to medication or changes to medication, and adjusting support calories. Cheap, minimum effort, excellent way to monitor health.
Ah alright, will consider. Will also make it a routine to weigh my bird from time to time.

tameem

Meeting neighbors
Ah dang it, took a while to get my bird in the cage and as it got in vet's refusing more clients. I called and insisted them to extend for me but they insisted that they currently had one client to take care of and that's it. Dude it was 5pm on the dot why such strict timings for a vet? Gosh I really wish I have gone to same vet that took care of my bird's eye in the first place, they have more flexible timings. But my sister insisted on this one. Lesson learned I guess. I'll take it to the previous vet (the one that took care of the eye injury) for a second opinion if things don't work out with this one (the previous one seemed more experienced with birds), atleast if that one closes it'll open again after a few hours, and from that point on only that previous vet, having a fallback in mind. So that's 3/5 stars for the current vet. Not bad, tried their best to take care of the bird and kept an open line of communication via calls and messages, but I know a more well-experienced one plus their timings are a bit unfair.

(Please read the entire thing before judging :). If you really want a TL;DR: plans to make tomorrow's visit easier went wrong as I was typing this in real time :lol:. I'll never do this again after learning my lesson and hopefully have a better future plan for this)
Alright then, keeping my bird in the cage (this night I try to offer it food and medicated water as much as possible) until early afternoon where I'll have a 2.5-hour university break (I would not worry about being late or absent to one of the two first classes but there's a dang test and a quiz. tomorrow I start at 8:30 AM, the vet opens at 9, but I will not worry about being late or absent to last class as I'll not miss anything important) if it eats and drinks and hopefully it knows that the cage isn't dangerous in her mind (right now it's preening so hopefully it feels safe.... nevermind it's trying to get out maybe getting it out will be earlier than I think.... YAY it's eating by itself now, it's still trying to get out though.... ok it stopped getting out... nevermind this series of events makes me reconsider, I've heard horror stories about birds sticking heads out of cage and accidentally twisting it... ok it's relaxed and preening now... It's trying to get out again... ok it's relaxed and preening now, I'm conflicted, if it's relaxed and preening that means it feels safe, right? But it also tries to frantically get out. My gosh this bird is the physical form of ADHD. Is this how it's pretty much like to take care of a kid with ADHD?... speaking of it's trying to get out... yey it's drinking water, still trying to get out, I've heard they can get metal poisoning as it's licking the cage so much... yeah that's enough reasons for me I'll definitely let her out. My original plan was getting my mom to keep an eye on her while I'm in university, and tell her if she didn't eat and drink for a while, just let her out and put food and medicated water in the usual places. Sure, it's a pain in the rear to get the bird back in the cage but malnutrition is not a compromise I'm willing to take).

Still will take it to the vet during break time... hopefully I'll figure out in these 2.5 hours getting it into the cage and getting it to the vet LOL. tbh it's really hard when I'm sick as I can't directly grab it and quickly put it in the cage (we have no gloves in the house either, what the heck). I relied more on my mom who was a bit slow but eventually did it.... after an hour and vet closes, don't worry it was all without much physical pressure on the bird. I'm just upset we did all of this for nothing, and I blame the vet for refusing to be flexible with timings and not letting me in. I mean come on man you have to understand some pets are a bit disobedient, and you'd have to make some exceptions to your timing.

In the meanwhile, I'm researching about easily getting a bird to the vet (I really should've done this a while ago) and pet carriers might be a good option. Conveniently, we do have a cat carrier that we can repurpose for the bird. We used to have a cat but unfortunately it's gone as of less than two weeks ago :sad5: (sure less worries about my bird but we were vigilant). I'm glad the carrier will not be gone to waste. We might have to replace the cage with the pet carrier since my bird is out 24/7 anyway. My idea is to put food and water in it and the carrier will be same position where food and water is, keeping the door open, and maybe my bird will adjust to it and think it's safe. I guess while it eats and drinks when I need to go to the vet I'll just trick it, maybe it's better if I cover the carrier if I'm going to the vet. Or maybe keep the carrier always covered except for door, and cover door if going to vet. Idk just throwing darts until one sticks. What do you think?

Anyway, my gosh I'm realizing more and more that a pet in general isn't for me, and it taught me more and more that priorities are NOT easy to set. (ex: University test or take it to vet? Will they even accept vet's document for retaking? I really don't want to repeat classes next term for the sake of me, wait that sounds selfish as I'm currently putting it's wellbeing over mine while I'm sick and trying to take care of myself to atleast not feel like crap).
If last resort is needed, I would rehome but the only other guy I know that seems to be good with cockatiels is the one I met at a vet when my bird's eye was injured, had a well trained whiteface cockatiel (I also have a whiteface btw) with like, no harness or anything and it somehow didn't fly away, and it even trusted me and went on my arm, but I have no contact unfortunately. If I had contact I tell him from time to time if the bird is okay. Well alas, the bird is at the mercy of me, testing me how long I can take care of a pet before it's gone in one way or another and probably never getting another pet again. I've had this bird since it was 3 months old.... now it's 5 years old and I'm still discovering new things

Idk, paragraph above is probably just a phase of me being doubtful to myself and overblowing it, hopefully it'll all go away while I get some things set. I kept a checklist for improving my birds life and hope to have minimal worries, the kind that clouds my mind.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
It's stressful to have something you love not feeling well. I become a basket case myself when my feathered or furred babies are sick .

Yes there is definitely conflicting info regarding yogurt. Since it's not something you have to do , don't worry about it . :) plain Greek yogurt no artificial sweetener, with acidophilus as one of the live cultures is what I've had benefit from .
It's not something I try and convince people of . It is in my vets safe food list , I checked with my vet , and there are other good sources stating safety. Tho some science articles are conflicted on wether there any benefits , but not on safety. Many chicken forums talk of feeding as well . On the freak out article it seems like random folks with no supporting science . But again, you do not have to feed it. So it's fine if you don't want to! :) no worries

I hope your little one gets better ! And the stress level comes down

tameem

Meeting neighbors
It's stressful to have something you love not feeling well. I become a basket case myself when my feathered or furred babies are sick .
Heh, glad you can relate. You probably have it worse since you have 6 birds and 7 dogs to look after! If you even have members in your house, is responsibility split between them?

Yes there is definitely conflicting info regarding yogurt. Since it's not something you have to do , don't worry about it . :) plain Greek yogurt no artificial sweetener, with acidophilus as one of the live cultures is what I've had benefit from .
It's not something I try and convince people of . It is in my vets safe food list , I checked with my vet , and there are other good sources stating safety. Tho some science articles are conflicted on wether there any benefits , but not on safety. Many chicken forums talk of feeding as well . On the freak out article it seems like random folks with no supporting science . But again, you do not have to feed it. So it's fine if you don't want to! :) no worries
It's fine ik what you mean, just stating my takes :D.

I hope your little one gets better ! And the stress level comes down
Thank you, I needed hope from someone during this stressful time.

tameem

Meeting neighbors
Alright I'm taking it to the vet a bit later today right after I finish uni, confident that I can put it in the cage painlessly then go to vet. I'm using the uni break to relax instead of stressing about this, considering I'm kinda sick.
I kept a door on top of the cage open for a while, my idea is when I offer it seeds I will quickly put it in the cage from the top. (on top there are two doors, usually both are left closed but I left one only one closed this time because that's where the usual food and water is).
Hope I'm not being too bold LOL. If things don't go well, tomorrow Monday might have to do, atleast that day I get out of uni eariler so I have more time. But I would rather do this as soon as I can.

tameem

Meeting neighbors
Alright I'm taking it to the vet a bit later today right after I finish uni, confident that I can put it in the cage painlessly then go to vet. I'm using the uni break to relax instead of stressing about this, considering I'm kinda sick.
I kept a door on top of the cage open for a while, my idea is when I offer it seeds I will quickly put it in the cage from the top. (on top there are two doors, usually both are left closed but I left one only one closed this time because that's where the usual food and water is).
Hope I'm not being too bold LOL. If things don't go well, tomorrow Monday might have to do, atleast that day I get out of uni eariler so I have more time. But I would rather do this as soon as I can.
Huh, was pretty painless to put the bird in. Just went to the clinic today after finishing uni, I explained the developments (no more seeds in stool and bubbles are now rarer) and they took a look at the bird. The vet suggested to add gentamicina for 2 more days and continue the Tabernil Total solucion like usual. The vet asked if it's getting more calcium and suggested a mineral block. I think I already have one of these but I am skeptical about mineral blocks in general. What do you think?

To top the entire story off, my bird actually stayed in the cage for a little bit after I opened the top door. Wow it seems to have gotten used to the cage quick. I guess now the carrier is more of a convenience rather than basically a necessity?

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I'm glad you got a recheck ,, I hope full recovery soon .

tameem

Meeting neighbors
Huh, was pretty painless to put the bird in. Just went to the clinic today after finishing uni, I explained the developments (no more seeds in stool and bubbles are now rarer) and they took a look at the bird. The vet suggested to add gentamicina for 2 more days and continue the Tabernil Total solucion like usual. The vet asked if it's getting more calcium and suggested a mineral block. I think I already have one of these but I am skeptical about mineral blocks in general. What do you think?

To top the entire story off, my bird actually stayed in the cage for a little bit after I opened the top door. Wow it seems to have gotten used to the cage quick. I guess now the carrier is more of a convenience rather than basically a necessity?
Alright considering I began the gentamicina on Sunday at around 5 or 6 pm, I will stop it today Tuesday at around the same time since the two days are up. And stop the total solucion this Nov 3 at around same time (I started it last Tuesday on Oct 4), if I have to strictly follow 30 days, of course following up with vet and ask for a thorough check-up to see how it went (though I'd be happy to find a timeframe and book anytime if you have any concerns about what's up). Maybe go to another vet afterwards as a sort of cross-check-up, the previous one that I keep mentioning. Also I found out that the people at the current clinic and the previous one seem to be close friends according to the Instagram pages of the respective clinics.

Anyway, I noticed the gentamicina is now more annoying to drop. I fear I over-drop so I have to repeat this entire process:
1. Wash my hands thoroughly
2. Wash teacup with tap water
3. Dry the teacup with tissues
4. Wash the in and out and part of measuring syringe with tap water (I only use it for measuring as I don't know if we even have measuring cups to at least the precision of 40ml. I never forced it down the hatch, as I don't find it necessary for this situation and the vet said it's fine if the bird just drinks on it's own accord or if I offer it. I prefer it this way if possible to avoid accidental aspiration)
5. Dry the in and out of measuring syringe and its part with tissues
6. Supply teacup with water
7. Measure until 40ml, if there is excess water I drink it :lol: (from the top! not directly with mouth!)
8. Put 40ml into teacup
9. Add required drops
If successful, I offer the bird water and let it drink right now if it wants. (It did get used to the teacup and drinks on its own accord, so I can worry less about offering it myself and do it as a just in case measure)

This does look tedious but it's really not for me (yet) if it's once per day. It does get very annoying if I have to repeat it more than a couple of times in a short timeframe. Let's hope this never happens with the total solucion.

tameem

Meeting neighbors
(I started it last Tuesday on Oct 4)
Oops, I just noticed this and can't edit it now :wacky:
I meant last Thursday on Oct 5. So I stop at Nov 4 if 30 days is strict.
wow that was a big typo...
I do keep track of dates but for some reason I relied on my memory for this one LOL

...Alright speaking of time to change water now. No more gentamicina.

tameem

Meeting neighbors
The vet asked if it's getting more calcium and suggested a mineral block. I think I already have one of these but I am skeptical about mineral blocks in general.
As for this giving natural sources of calcium like greens more frequently should suffice

tameem

Meeting neighbors
(I don't know where to put this, so mods can put it wherever appropriate if this isn't)
(FYI: My timezone is GMT+3)

"Again" meaning I took my cockatiel to a vet this Oct 2nd because of stool/poop suspicions (notably seeds in stool, bubbles in stool, the vet noticed diarrhea too). "Saturday" because free follow-up.
No drastic behavioral changes or anything just concerned about the stools. Took pictures of stool beforehand.

The vet gave me two medications for my bird, the gentamicina and total solucion oral which are both from Tabernil. (Question, is Tabernil any good? I've researched it and it seems to be a popular brand in Spanish-speaking countries but I can't find much internet opinions on it.)

(Alright, read this carefully)
I'm supposed to give my bird 4 drops/40ml of gentamicina for 5 days and 8 drops/40ml of total solucion oral for 30 days.
I was told to follow this: Gentamicina itself for 3 days --> Gentamicina + Total solucion oral for 2 days... transition period I guess? --> Total solucion itself for 28 days.
Ever since then, I've been taking pictures more often of my bird's stools for inspection.

But now the two possibly concerning things were the one time the stringy stool being hung from the vent (never happened again), and the one time where the stool was very reddish-brown on camera (was also kinda stringy but not hung). I've messaged the vet about the latter with pics and vet said let the 5 days run it's course + could be the medicine, but no such stool happened again. Maybe too early to judge? I dunno.

Anyway, do y'all think all of this is a good idea?
Anything I should say to my vet?

Just basically need reassurance/better solution/whatever. I'm sick myself (precautions + minimal contact with bird) and I need to get off the mental weight off my back. Kind of worried about my bird you see.

One more question, is it fine to replace my bird's usual drinking water with the one that has medications? (I put it in a teacup so my bird doesn't bathe in it haha)
no signs of seeds
Spoke too soon on this one too. I just found out there are tiny amounts of seeds.
First time I've seen seeds in stool in a while. What happened this time I wonder?