• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Still missing you Angel & Buffy :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's been not quite 3 years since Angel and Buffy passed away. I havent really mentioned them much,but they were two untamed Tiels that I adopted from a local pet store in 09. I had them just over 2 months before they passed away of unknown causes 1 day apart. Thankfully I had them in Q from Nala that whole time,and they were only around her for maybe 3 days before they passed. Buffy passed away first I had just opened the cage to let them come out,and she was perched on the cage door when she started seizing. I had pulled my cell phone out but before I could even dial she was gone.
I was just in shocked and started bawling my eyes out,she may have hated me but I loved her so much,she was such a beautiful girl with the sweetest chirps. I had no idea what could have happened,but I knew nothing of their history not even how old they were. I thought it was just a fluke,and at that time I had no money at all for a necropsy so I had to just bury her.

I watched Angel like a hawk,and he seemed fine. I threw Buffy's cage out and all of her perches and toys just incase it was spreadable. I thought I was safe,but then not even a full 24 hours later I just happened to walk into my room and Angel was in the middle of a seizue. This time I managed to call my clinic{that I also worked at} and got one of the techs on the phone. She was asking me what was happening so she could relay that to the AV and after about a min on the phone,he gave a horrible scream then stiffend and died :( I just couldnt believe it both of my beautiful babies were gone in less then 24 hours,I was a mess. I didnt drive at this time,so my co-worker got permisson to come get me so I could rush Nala in right away lest she too had this unknown killer. I was there for hours and had every test run on her,but thank god she was ok.

I never did find out what happened to them,I have always cursed the fact that I didnt have the $900 they wanted to do both birds. I have blamed myself all these years,and havent really wanted to talk about them. But I felt it was time,I think about them all the time and still miss them so much everyday. They may not have been tame and Buffy hated me with a fiery passion and wanted nothing to do with me,I respected that and pretty much left her alone. But everyonce in a while she would take some seed from my hand,and it was just the most wonderful feeling in the world.

Before Angel passed away we were making a lot of progress in taming him down,he loved to get his crestie rubbed. I'm so thankful that I was able to hold him as he passed,at least he knew he was loved and I have a small amount of relief to know that they didnt die alone,but with somone that loved them for who they were. And they were out of that terrible small messy cage at the pet store getting poked and bothered all day.

I dont have any pics of Buffy,because my old phone had all its pics erased but I manged to save this one of Angel sorry its so small.

R.I.P My beautiful Tiels,I didnt have you long but I will always love you and miss you.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
That is so scary April. So sorry for your loss...:hug8:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am very sorry.

Matt

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I am very sorry... at least they had a wonderful two months with you..how very sad

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
:sadhug:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm so sorry to hear about this :( it's scary when you don't have control over something like that. You don't have to have them long for them to wedge deeply in your heart, and is hard to see them go so suddenly no matter how or why it happens. They had a great last two months to what I hope was a long life. I'm so glad Nala is okay!! :hug8:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
:hug8:

HelenVanessaDavies

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
I'm so sorry for your loss :hug8: