• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Stepping up advice/pep talk needed

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So Bobber has been here 2 years and still doesn't step up LOL

Can you teach him to go back home instead of having to step up? All of my birds have learned "Go home" rather easily so even if they don't want to step up, I can still wrangle them fairly easily :)
That makes me feel better too. LOL. I can work on go home- except Elvis rarely leaves his cage. It's more of getting him in his cage that's the issue- at least for bed. Part of the problem is his cage is tall and fairly long. So he can run back and forth on the top and I can't really reach him. LOL. Maybe I need to get a step stool.....

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
That makes me feel better too. LOL. I can work on go home- except Elvis rarely leaves his cage. It's more of getting him in his cage that's the issue- at least for bed. Part of the problem is his cage is tall and fairly long. So he can run back and forth on the top and I can't really reach him. LOL. Maybe I need to get a step stool.....

Bobber rarely leaves his cage also. Or if he does it's to hide on Jingo's since it's a taller dometop. When he DOES go back into his cage I yell out GO HOME! and he just sort of learned the two are connected. If you can lure him somehow (Jingo it was me touching his stuff because he's cage aggressive) and then say Go Home as he is entering that will help more too

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Bobber rarely leaves his cage also. Or if he does it's to hide on Jingo's since it's a taller dometop. When he DOES go back into his cage I yell out GO HOME! and he just sort of learned the two are connected. If you can lure him somehow (Jingo it was me touching his stuff because he's cage aggressive) and then say Go Home as he is entering that will help more too
Good idea. I will work on that. The funny thing is, when I leave for work. He goes right in his cage by himself with no issues. Bed time though....... LOL. He's just like a kid and wants to stay up as long as he can.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Good idea. I will work on that. The funny thing is, when I leave for work. He goes right in his cage by himself with no issues. Bed time though....... LOL. He's just like a kid and wants to stay up as long as he can.

Birds!! :lol: