1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Step-up becoming a challenge

Discussion in 'Behavior Byway' started by d_msparkles, 12/5/18.

1. d_msparkles

d_msparkles Rollerblading along the road

I am 95% sure my little girl is going through adolescence. She used to happily step up on any occasion with the cue, and now she's getting more selective about it. Specifically she won't do it if my hand is in or near her cage. But once she comes out on her own, she hangs out on the cage door for awhile before fluttering where she wants to be.
    No advice sought per se', I just think it is an interesting turn of events as she starts to assert her independence! (I can still pick her up if need be without fear of bites, and she'll do step-up anywhere else...just not near her cage...that's HER turf apparently!)

Tiel Feathers, faislaq and webchirp like this.
  2. webchirp

webchirp Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Chandra
    I try not to push mine unless I really need them somewhere...

d_msparkles and faislaq like this.
  3. d_msparkles

d_msparkles Rollerblading along the road

Exactly. Mornings and lunch time used to always be an easy step-up to come hang out with me, but now she's getting more opinionated about how she wants to spend her time and I must respect that. :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)