• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Starting Over!

Drewa

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Freya Marshall
Hi you lovely folks! Those who read my thread "Broken hearted" will know the previous saga and why I am still looking. I have expressed an interest in a 10 week old budgie with (I think) very unusual colouring. It is the last one left of the brood and I don't know why? I love its colouring but obviously not everyone agrees! Is there something wrong with being gray in budgies. This is a pic of him Budgie | in Coventry, West Midlands | Gumtree

They say they will have a lemon and blue one ready in four weeks which sounds interesting as I'm not sure about the "one budgie" thing. I think I know the answer to this all ready but if they come from the same breeder will I still need to go through the whole quarantine thing?
Keep happy budgie lovers - so glad you're there. :coffeescreen:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Oh he's very pretty! I don't think I've seen one like him. :heart: He looks like his own pencil sketch!

Drewa

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Freya Marshall
I'm glad you like his colouring - what can we see that others obviously can't? Maybe they just like a bird with brighter/more exotic plumage? I'm thinking of calling him/her "Shadow" or "Misty".

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I'm glad you like his colouring - what can we see that others obviously can't? Maybe they just like a bird with brighter/more exotic plumage? I'm thinking of calling him/her "Shadow" or "Misty".
What's more exotic that a color you've never seen? :laugh: He's quite striking. Oh well, their loss. ;)

Drewa

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Freya Marshall
Please can somebody knowledgeable answer the quarantine question in original post? I need the answer if I'm going to speak to the breeder about having that one when its ready? Thanks!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
His colors are subdued so maybe people are looking for those with brighter coloring. However, I think he is pretty!

If they are from same breeder and they are already in close quarters with one another then you probably do not need to quarantine but I would advise that they get new bird check ups.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
What a beautiful little budgie! He look a little like my Omega.

I'd consider a quarantine no matter what happens, but that's just my opinion. I believe it's always better to err on the safe side! ;)

As for your name choices...Shadow is a neat name...that would be my choice...

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome

Drewa

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Freya Marshall
Just thought I'd let you know my sweetie pie is coming home on Wednesday afternoon - I am excited and scared! It's really hot here and set to continue - do you think it will be bothered by me having a fan (enclosed in a tower) on as I don't have air conditioning? Anyway, once s/he is here I'll start a new thread about our exploits!! Byeeeeeeeeee :budgie7:

nu2birds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kurt
Welcome and excited to hear more about your new bird and I think he/she looks like blue sky on a cloudy day! I love his coloring, he/she is beautiful.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and congratulations!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Just wanted to say a big :welcomeavenue: Can't wait to see pics of your Budgie when he comes home.