• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Soundproof Cage

GraceBirds

Meeting neighbors
I have a couple tiels and when I want to spend one-on-one time with one and take it out of the room, they both start screaming for eachother. It is incredibly loud and highly distracting when they are trying to learn tricks and things. They aren't even good friends; they both have to live in separate cages and one likes to harass the other.
I was wondering if there was a completely soundproof bird cage or container I can use as a bird cage that I can buy. Just a small carrier cage (not a large living in cage) to put one into while I do training with the other bird without distractions.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I have had this issue with birds before; I made a bird room so that I could have one set in the room with white noise on and the door closed, and the other set in the living room. It wasn't perfect but it helped.

GraceBirds

Meeting neighbors
I have had this issue with birds before; I made a bird room so that I could have one set in the room with white noise on and the door closed, and the other set in the living room. It wasn't perfect but it helped.
unfortunately I can't do that. My house is super small and doesn't really have doors dividing rooms. Even when I separate them at far opposite ends of the house, they can still hear each other very well and scream extremely loudly

GraceBirds

Meeting neighbors
unfortunately I can't do that. My house is super small and doesn't really have doors dividing rooms. Even when I separate them at far opposite ends of the house, they can still hear each other very well and scream extremely loudly
Is there anything else I can do or any other suggestions?

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I'd train them in the same room. Are they flighted? Even though they don't seem to like each other, they're a flock, so they're going to contact call when out of sight. I'd put one on a perch or playstand and train the other. Your training can benefit from the model-rival method that way, too.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
You can train both together I’ve done it with my birds and @aooratrix 100% right once you get one to do something it role models to other

you have to find there favourite treat and use that only from you so whether it’s a sunflower seed safflower seed millet whatever if They are on seed mix take their favourite out of mix (only get it from you )

start offering the favourite treat though cage bars if they are scared off hands have a treat bowl @Pixiebeak brill idea have it at front of cage closet to you sit and chat or even when walking past say hello bird name pop a treat in bowl once they come for treat while you are close try offering it by hand though cage bars once they have that down

try target trading either stick or by tapping where you want them to go you can start this in cage moving around the cage giving treats as they come to you

then try outside of cage tap where you want them to come reward treat

it’s not an easy fix taming a bird there’s no go to point a you have to work at it and it’s patience I get it I really do but over time you will get there you get back what you put in honestly the time worth it once you get to see them interact with you

GraceBirds

Meeting neighbors
Both of the birds are completely tame. They both love me and trust me. They are also both target trained. The older tiel can do lots of tricks like fetching, spinning, an agility course, going through hoops and tunnels, playing basketball, shaking hands, kissing, etc.(she is very smart); the older one is also the one that is a little bit of a bully to the younger one. The younger tiel is very gentle and sweet and less intelligent, she has watched me train the older birb many times, but hasn't picked up on that many tricks, but she is precious and loves me.
I wouldn't mind training them both together, except that whoever I'm training is always highly distracted by the other bird's presence and not much actual learning occurs.

GraceBirds

Meeting neighbors
You can train both together I’ve done it with my birds and @aooratrix 100% right once you get one to do something it role models to other

you have to find there favourite treat and use that only from you so whether it’s a sunflower seed safflower seed millet whatever if They are on seed mix take their favourite out of mix (only get it from you )

start offering the favourite treat though cage bars if they are scared off hands have a treat bowl @Pixiebeak brill idea have it at front of cage closet to you sit and chat or even when walking past say hello bird name pop a treat in bowl once they come for treat while you are close try offering it by hand though cage bars once they have that down

try target trading either stick or by tapping where you want them to go you can start this in cage moving around the cage giving treats as they come to you

then try outside of cage tap where you want them to come reward treat

it’s not an easy fix taming a bird there’s no go to point a you have to work at it and it’s patience I get it I really do but over time you will get there you get back what you put in honestly the time worth it once you get to see them interact with you
Both of the birds are completely tame. They both love me and trust me. They are also both target trained. The older tiel can do lots of tricks like fetching, spinning, an agility course, going through hoops and tunnels, playing basketball, shaking hands, kissing, etc.(she is very smart); the older one is also the one that is a little bit of a bully to the younger one. The younger tiel is very gentle and sweet and less intelligent, she has watched me train the older birb many times, but hasn't picked up on that many tricks, but she is precious and loves me.
I wouldn't mind training them both together, except that whoever I'm training is always highly distracted by the other bird's presence and not much actual learning occurs.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
What about soundproofing a bathroom or something instead?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I suppose it depends on how much effort and cost you want to put into it.

But I would probably use some sort of heavy blanket or curtain over the doorway to help absorb some of the sound, and then use a white noise machine or air purifier in the bathroom to help drown out noises.

GraceBirds

Meeting neighbors
I suppose it depends on how much effort and cost you want to put into it.

But I would probably use some sort of heavy blanket or curtain over the doorway to help absorb some of the sound, and then use a white noise machine or air purifier in the bathroom to help drown out noises.
Thank you for your help. I will try things out.