• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Sophie and Claudé go to the vet

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sophie went in for a routine physical and to have her nails trimmed. She has been plucking again so I discussed that with the vet. Going to try misting her and also providing her with more problem solving foraging type toys to keep her busy.

Claudé's droppings have been polyuric. She had blood work and cultures done and also had her nails trimmed. Her blood test results should be back tomorrow and the culture results in a few days. She has been exhibiting some nesting behavior every now and then but no signs of an egg.

Cost of today's vet visit: $353.28

Of course, the vet tech had to bring out the baby Lilac Crowned Amazon that no one has adopted yet. He is still cute and sweet, beautiful feathering and bright eyes.

sisters a.jpg
The Sisters

sisters b.jpg

Sophie

sisters c.jpg
Claudé

Last edited:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Look at those 2 cuties! I hope all will be well.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope all is well! (And how can you resist the baby....?)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Look at those 2 cuties! I hope all will be well.
Thanks. They were both good girls. Sophie stepped right up on the scale. Claudé needed to go into the "cooker". I'm concerned about the polyuria.

I hope all is well! (And how can you resist the baby....?)
Thanks. Another bird = another cage and more expenses and I can't do that right now. I keep thinking about it, though. I was surprised that no one has taken him yet. I wish I had taken a photo of him.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
wishing good bloodwork results for Claude. They are both so sweet! :heart:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m glad the visit went well, and I hope Claude is okay!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
When you get a vet bill like that it may keep you from adopting! Thanks for taking good care of your fids.
I’m glad the visit went well, and I hope Claude is okay!

Thanks and thanks.
I keep forgetting that I have a brand new A&E 3223 play top that I've never used. . Purchased it for Scully but after I received it I realized it wasn't a good fit. Thought I would give it to Cody but leave it in the bird room near her cage for a while so she could get used to it, but then Keno kept screaming at it nonstop so I removed it. I've been storing toy parts and toys inside of it. Wouldn't have to purchase new cage for the LCA.
I've had several vet bills the last few mos and they add up very quickly. I just had a new timing belt and water pump as well as other parts put into my SUV and that was expensive.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Sophie and Claude are so cute! I hope Claude's bloodwork comes back okay. Okay, I know ya'll know, but what is the 'cooker'? LOL, it might dawn on me as soon as I hit 'post reply'... but it hasn't yet.
I was thinking the same - wished you had posted a pic of the sweetie for adoption - but it would have just made us all drool and have more multiple bird syndrome symptoms ha haaa! I recently turned down 2 sweet budgies that were up for rehoming for the same reason... extra cage, more expense, etc. I am TRYING my best to be practical and responsible... really I am! :rofl: Part of that decision too was for the same reason as @TikiMyn so aptly put it recently... the budgies that I said no to adopting were both females, and I didn't wish to "drive a wedge" between Fergus and Fiona! I love the way you put that Tiki!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Fergus Mom Thanks. Claudé's droppings look even more watery today. Will have to see what the test results are and go from there. A "cooker" is what the birds' previous vet called the container they use to put birds into to weigh them. It almost looks like a stew pot with air vents.

The LCA is a little bit bigger now and his/her colors seem to be brighter and more vibrant. I posted this photo previously:
lca2.jpg
I already have a large flock but this handsome guy/beautiful girl is very tempting.

Makes sense that you didn't want to take a chance getting the other budgies and possibly create an issue between Fiona and Fergus. You could always consider a different type of bird.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
:lol:
Yes, I've done that a few times, with this bird and other birds in the past. The mind says, "NO!!". The heart says, "Why not?"

Isn't that the truth! And that LCA is SO gorgeous. Okay... that was enough of that. You didn't need to hear that because you already knew how brilliant and gorgeous!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Blood work back on Claudé....nothing that is of any concern. Still waiting on culture results.
I'm happy that blood test results were good. Of course I'm still concerned because her droppings continue to be watery/polyuric.

Isn't that the truth! And that LCA is SO gorgeous. Okay... that was enough of that. You didn't need to hear that because you already knew how brilliant and gorgeous!
He's even more beautiful now than when I saw him previously. He is very attached to the vet tech who has been the main person taking care of him. Told the tech that he should take him home.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Wow, I hope you can get to the bottom of this! YYour babies are beautiful.

....and so is the LCA. :D

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow, I hope you can get to the bottom of this! YYour babies are beautiful.

....and so is the LCA. :D

Thanks. My Senegal has idiopathic polyuria as does one of my 'tiels. Nothing abnormal in blood work or cultures. Maybe I create too much stress for some of my birds. :facepalm:

Will the vet treat the lilac for free???
No and he comes with a very small adoption fee. However he has been examined and treated as needed as far as I know.