• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Somewhere in Texas

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
And you both seems so happy! :)
Is everything fine? (more then some screaming.. :p )

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I've been worried about you!

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
But he looks so handsome lol. Hope your trip is going as well as it can be. ❤

Familyof12

Real Name
Liz
Ask the semi's to honk for him!! He may like it more! LOL!! I'm glad you are having a good time!! Yes it's tiring but you're on your way!! Take lots of photos and keep us updated!

Last edited:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
There are LOTS of trucks on Hwy 10 in Texas. Syd is going to end up with a sore throat.

Keep on truckin'.

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
please be careful in the rest areas!!! I usually ask a gas station or fast food place if it is ok if I take a nap in their parking lot and ask where the cameras are so I can park under them. Always phrase it as take a nap, they want to know you are safe/not going to rob them, not loitering, and a nap--well it may be a stretch of the truth but who says a nap can't be a couple of hours. Staff at those places don't want people to drive when over tired... Walmarts also let rvs park overnight. Always try to park under a surveillance camera, safer.

SeverelySweet

Sprinting down the street
please be careful in the rest areas!!! I usually ask a gas station or fast food place if it is ok if I take a nap in their parking lot and ask where the cameras are so I can park under them. Always phrase it as take a nap, they want to know you are safe/not going to rob them, not loitering, and a nap--well it may be a stretch of the truth but who says a nap can't be a couple of hours. Staff at those places don't want people to drive when over tired... Walmarts also let rvs park overnight. Always try to park under a surveillance camera, safer.
I'm in a rest area now...something I've noticed is that as you enter, there are signs that say "you are under video surveillance, rest stop monitored".

I also have a tazer really handy lol

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Oh yea, I remember driving through Texas years ago...It's HUGE..seemed like days...LOL

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
In LA now. There are some shaky places in LA and some beautiful little towns that look like they just moved out of "Gone With the Wind".

How's the boy doing?

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
We have some very strong winds right now and triple digit temps. Please stay safe.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
The air in Los Angeles is filthy dirty and there is nothing you can do about it. When I was at my wits end with Hank and moved from Phx to Payson, as a last ditch effort, his breathing and general health steadily improved and his ancillary illnesses were much less. No dirt, smoke and crap in the air up here in the mountains. I think you will see Syd improve if the air is better where you are moving. Is the St. Pete's?

SeverelySweet

Sprinting down the street
The air in Los Angeles is filthy dirty and there is nothing you can do about it. When I was at my wits end with Hank and moved from Phx to Payson, as a last ditch effort, his breathing and general health steadily improved and his ancillary illnesses were much less. No dirt, smoke and crap in the air up here in the mountains. I think you will see Syd improve if the air is better where you are moving. Is the St. Pete's?
You can literally see from miles out over the Gulf of Mexico!