• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sometimes...

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
...my baby boy (Twinkie) is sleepy in the morning and not ready to step up right away. When he's like that, I gently rub his cheeks, give scritches, and stroke the top of his head as lightly as humanly possible, sweet-talking him all the while. After about a minute of this, he sort of shuffles into my hand. Once we're settled on the couch, he finds himself a snuggy place stat and is there until it's time to go back in! He really is the sweetest little brat lovie ever. :)

Pretty much the only part(s) of my day I give a damn about are morning birdy time & evening birdy time!

Lovebirdlover4

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Brenda
Both my lovebirds are very nervous around me they like my fiancé a lot more they sit on his hand and they don't mine.

The picture of BamBam eating out of my hand for the first time.

I am keeping one of our babies so I can be the one handling it so it will I hope gets close to me :)

I love the pic of Twinkie

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Night time sleep birds are the best, haha. Ani is super content with chilling out on a hanging mat, but Luna is down the shirt. She'd stay there all night if I let her. She is all systems go when I wake her up though. Or at least, after a few seconds. When I say good morning to her as I uncover her cage she'll run full speed towards the door, realise she's still tired half way, and stop for a bit to fluff up and yawn. When she was a baby I would take her out at dawn when she started s and let her sleep on me while I napped on the couch. She likes to help me wake up Ani. He doesn't wake up fully straight away, so she jumps over to his cage to squawk in his face until he does.

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
i get angry growl chrips if there is any kind of moovement on Gracie's cage cover if she is not ready to get up. BoBo opn the other hand will start singing around 0730 in the morning or so but he does it softly because he doesn't like to wake grandma up to early. Sometimes I catch him down by her softly singing to her as she is sleeping it is the cutest thing ever. Both of my birds love her dearly. As for my husband and I it's hit or miss lol

Jaguar

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
So sweet :xflove: Miles is like that too, it's wake up straight into sleepy morning snuggles. I think I laid in bed with him tucked under my chin for at least 20 minutes this morning. :wacky:

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Night time sleep birds are the best, haha. Ani is super content with chilling out on a hanging mat, but Luna is down the shirt. She'd stay there all night if I let her. She is all systems go when I wake her up though. Or at least, after a few seconds. When I say good morning to her as I uncover her cage she'll run full speed towards the door, realise she's still tired half way, and stop for a bit to fluff up and yawn. When she was a baby I would take her out at dawn when she started s and let her sleep on me while I napped on the couch. She likes to help me wake up Ani. He doesn't wake up fully straight away, so she jumps over to his cage to squawk in his face until he does.
Lol, it seems like boys are more prone to being slow to wake/sleepy. :) My girls are the same as Luna in the morning -- "Where's the party?! SQUEAK-SQUEAK-CHALEEP-C'MERE!!" XD They go full activation at the first signs of life! There is no yawning, by the way! My boys also nap a lot more than my girls.

I love sleepy time with my boys. <3

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sweet :xflove: Miles is like that too, it's wake up straight into sleepy morning snuggles. I think I laid in bed with him tucked under my chin for at least 20 minutes this morning. :wacky:
Awww!! :) Sure makes it difficult to get up and - god forbid - go to work, doesn't it? :laughing2::heart2:

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lol @metalstitcher! Snerky growls in the morning sometimes if I haven't uncovered her yet, but does it often when I cover her for bedtime. She hates bedtime! Those girls are so adorable - mind the fingers! ;)

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Gracie is a moody little thing in the morning. She wakes up for a bit when I get home from work and wants to play and all that but I know better it only last about five minutes then she gets all hostel towards me so i just tell her to go back to bed. She calms down and goes right back to sleep for another 2 hours or so and is ready for the day around 0800 in the morning.

Percy&Ivan

Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Percy is always awake as soon as I uncover his cage and ready to begin his day of chirping and acrobatics!:lol:

tmck3053

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Travis
Do your lovebirds stretch their wings in the morning? Our apartment balcony is opposite a tree so sometimes the noise from those birds wakes Flip up before we're awake. But if I wake up and let him out first, as soon as he's out of the cage he stretches his wings one wing at a time (not in the mating way) downward and also stretches them upward (but not extended). It's very adorable.

LunaLovebird

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Do your lovebirds stretch their wings in the morning? Our apartment balcony is opposite a tree so sometimes the noise from those birds wakes Flip up before we're awake. But if I wake up and let him out first, as soon as he's out of the cage he stretches his wings one wing at a time (not in the mating way) downward and also stretches them upward (but not extended). It's very adorable.
Mine both do that when they're waking up or just need a good stretch. It is pretty cute.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@tmck3053 They do, yes, sometimes twice! :D One side, then the other side, then the other...and I just stand there laughing. Mine usually wake me up on the weekend. :)

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awww! I love all this love talk! :cloud9:

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Happy stretches everytime shes fetched out. After serious ball chasing play on the bottom of her cage..and if sleepy. Ive read somewhere that if a bird does this while perched on you that its a sign of trust but i am not sure if thats truth.