• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Sometimes I have to wonder just how smart our so called smart birds really are.

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
The new cages use a strange 8oz "D" cup that latch on to the door bracket, works well as far as I can see. Only problem is there is no real way to use a regular old round cup as you can't take off the factory bracket, it's welded on.
Plus as these cups are proprietary to the cage I have to order them from King Cages or get the local store to order them for me.

Anyway Team Green had always taken a bath in one of the 15-20oz water bowls (but only the one in BB's cage :p never Cheddar's cage) and those are long gone. So I bought a huge 30oz bowl to sit in the bottom of BB's cage. Yes they do use it...some of the time. The rest of the time BB's trying to stuff himself into one of the 8oz "D" cups...and he just don't fit! But he keeps on trying. :rofl:

Here's a photo of a 5oz round cup (I use those for treats and "wet" food) and the 8oz "D" cup.

5oz round - 8oz D cups.jpg

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
The new cages use a strange 8oz "D" cup that latch on to the door bracket, works well as far as I can see. Only problem is there is no real way to use a regular old round cup as you can't take off the factory bracket, it's welded on.
Plus as these cups are proprietary to the cage I have to order them from King Cages or get the local store to order them for me.

Anyway Team Green had always taken a bath in one of the 15-20oz water bowls (but only the one in BB's cage :p never Cheddar's cage) and those are long gone. So I bought a huge 30oz bowl to sit in the bottom of BB's cage. Yes they do use it...some of the time. The rest of the time BB's trying to stuff himself into one of the 8oz "D" cups...and he just don't fit! But he keeps on trying. :rofl:

Here's a photo of a 5oz round cup (I use those for treats and "wet" food) and the 8oz "D" cup.

Haha :rofl: Keep trying BB too funny

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Check out my post about Dobby trying to stuff himself into sisters water cup as she rinsed it at the sink. Size has no meaning to them, if it has water in it I'll make myself fit:think1: Pippen usually jumps into her big water bowel when we change it which is one reason every birb has a small animal water bottle on their cages so they always have clean water to drink no matter what.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
You can get brackets that either just hook on to the cage or there are other brackets that bolt on so you can drop a normal round coop cup in them.

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
The problem is the feeder door IS the bracket and it's welded in place. I don't see an easy way to replace this set-up with a cup and ring mount. BUT like I posted it's not a bad setup you just have to buy the cups for King Cages and hope they don't decided to stop making them or the whole cage will be useless without these cups. I should point out the little shelf is the door and opens and closes like your oven door, it does lock in place nicely as well.

Bracket door.jpg Cup in Cage.jpg

svetlak

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Svetla
The problem is the feeder door IS the bracket and it's welded in place. I don't see an easy way to replace this set-up with a cup and ring mount. BUT like I posted it's not a bad setup you just have to buy the cups for King Cages and hope they don't decided to stop making them or the whole cage will be useless without these cups. I should point out the little shelf is the door and opens and closes like your oven door, it does lock in place nicely as well.
You do not need to replace anything. You have plenty of bars around the "official" food/water bowl set-up the cage comes with. All you need to do is hook/bolt on other types of bowls elsewhere in the cage. The options are pretty much endless.

As a matter of fact, this is exactly how I use my own parrot's cage. I have put in it my own bowls. I do not use the ones the cage came with - it uses the same principle your cage was conceived with (same type of bowls and outside doors for them).

It is certainly not the absence of the D-shape cups the cage is normally intended to be used with that will make it useless.

Last edited: